Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » cut!! im really scared!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: cut!! im really scared!!
cc_159
Activist
Member # 72521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cc_159     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi im 18 years old, i been with my boyfriend for 9 month and we really love and care for each other. We started having sex not too long ago but recently while he was fingering me he made a little cut on one of in side lips, its hurts, but it doesn't bleed, it only bled a little.
Im really scared because i dont want to tell my mom about it, she just recently found out that i was sexually active with him and still mad and hurt, but if i tell her this i dont know how shes gonna react.
I want to know what i can do to make it better, i dont want to get and infection also my lady time is coming and i have that little cut!!
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO CAN I ANYONE HELP ME!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!

--------------------
cc_159!!

Posts: 60 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, the bleeding has stopped? When you look at it, does it appear at all swollen or pussy?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68032 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Just realized that in context, that last word may be confusing. [Razz] I meant, as in, having pus of any sort in or around it.)

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68032 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cc_159
Activist
Member # 72521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cc_159     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it doest bleed or anyrhing, No its clean, I guess a little swollen.
Plus it hurt when i pee, I just clean it but i don't wat else to do.

--------------------
cc_159!!

Posts: 60 | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

A cut will often hurt when in contact with urine. That doesn't mean it's infected.

If it's stopped bleeding and only hurts then, and you don't see any pus, it's likely all you need to do is let it heal.

So, just be gentle with wiping and washing, wear loose, natural fiber clothes and underpants, and take a break from any kind of sex until it's healed up.

Next time around, your partner can use latex gloves or just make very sure before you do that his fingernails are cut short and filed to be smooth, and that he's also cut any hangnails. Al of those things can cause cuts. So can being too rough or not using extra lubricant. So, being more careful and using lube will also help avoid these kinds of injuries.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

cc_159
Activist
Member # 72521

Ok thank you much for your adveces this has help alot, I'm less worried now! [Smile]

--------------------
cc_159!!

cc_159
Activist
Member # 72521

Normally how long would it take to heal?

--------------------
cc_159!!

Heather
Member # 3

It's impossible to say, just like it would be if you told me you got a cut on your hand. Could be a few days, could be a week or more, depending on how deep the cut was and how well you keep it as clean and dry as you can, and keep away from irritating it.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

cc_159
Activist
Member # 72521

Oh ok i see thx [Smile]
but what else can i do when i get my period since its on that area?
Can it get infected?

--------------------
cc_159!!

Heather
Member # 3

Your period itself doesn't contain bacteria, so you don't have to worry about that, save making sure -- like you probably already do -- to just change what you manage your flow with often and keep clean and as dry as you can.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

cc_159
Activist
Member # 72521

Oh k that helps alot thank thank so much!! [Smile]

--------------------
cc_159!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.