Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Late period...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Late period...
she-thulhu
Neophyte
Member # 68340

Icon 13 posted      Profile for she-thulhu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so here's the deal. I have been tracking how long my cycles have been for a few months, and I am normally quite regular. My last few cycles have been 24, 25, and 29 days long, respectively. This time around, I'm looking at 39 full days since the start of my last period.

I have a boyfriend, but we have not had genital-to-genital contact, nor have we ever had intercourse. I have been fingered by him several times before, and twice since my last period. I like to monitor my CM just to kinda have an idea of where I am in my cycle (the signs I get from this are usually regular, too), and I noticed that I got the "egg-whites" on the 23rd of last month, and I was fingered 3 days afterward.

I know it's probably preposterous for me to think I could have conceived from a man's fingers- after all, there was no ejaculate on them- so I am not really thinking it could be pregnancy that's delaying me. Of course, I am getting paranoid, but that's only because it seems odd that I'm going so long without a visit from the Crimson Uterus Banshee (what I like to call her).

I have had sore breasts for the past few days, which I normally get before my period. I've also had a couple cramps here and there, but nothing big. I've also had my fair share of PMS-acne, which is normal for me as well....BUT STILL NO BLOOD! It's driving me mad. I am not on any medications (or BC), and I am not underweight. I began going to the gym last week after being very sedentary, but I don't see how doing it LAST week would have put off my ovulation so late in my cycle. Seriously....what could be the cause of this? D:

[ 06-15-2011, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: she-thulhu ]

Posts: 19 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's one of the best DIY terms I've heard for menstruation in a long time. [Smile]

Honestly, sometimes cycles are just going to go out of whack, and there are a million possibilities why, from a shift in your cycles, period (which happens now and then during life), to things like adding exercise, and even minor changes in sleep patterns can throw things off for people. Often when this happens, we'll just never know why.

But I agree, pregnancy does not seem at all likely here. But if you're concerned about it, you can certainly take a pregnancy test to rule it out.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67157 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
she-thulhu
Neophyte
Member # 68340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for she-thulhu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heheh, thanks!

I also didn't know that sleep patterns could do it! I am on my summer break, and have been since May 20th. Ever since then, I have been sleeping in a few hours later than normal, and going to bed a couple hours later than normal. That coupled with my recent exercise seems like a viable reason that I didn't think of before. But I'll probably still walk down to the store tomorrow and pick up a couple tests anyway.

Posts: 19 | From: California | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
she-thulhu
Neophyte
Member # 68340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for she-thulhu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may be promising...I moistened a fresh cotton swab with a bit of water and moved it around up there to see if I was anywhere close to having any blood...and I got a little dark pink smudge. I'm crossing my fingers, as I have also been having a dull cramp since this morning! Hopefully I won't need to go get those tests in the morning.

There needs to be a menstrual rain dance, or something. Hah!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.