Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Unusual Discharge and And Safety

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unusual Discharge and And Safety
Ash007
Neophyte
Member # 57848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ash007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, My boyfriend and I have been together for over a year now. We have not really had intercourse besides an insertion or 2. I am not extremely comfortable with the whole thing, especially since we do not normally have condoms laying around. Last week we were fooling around and he kept asking to put it in. I said no because I knew it was not safe. He kept asking "just twice?" please. Is that behavior for a male normal? I was falling for it. His penis appeared fully dry, and he wasn't even completely erect. He put it in twice or 3 times. It immediately hurt, so i made him stop. He was still completely dry upon removal. He had not cum previously that day either. I was not necessary concerned about STI because we have both been tested. Can that pose a high pregnancy risk? Its about 5 days later and my discharge seems thick, but i am do for my period soon? Is that normal? Thanks! -PS not falling for that again!
Posts: 8 | From: US | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ash007,

I will address the risk factor first, what occurred was an appropriate use of the withdraw method, since he did not ejaculate, which has a 96% effectiveness rating.

Your boyfriend’s behavior is not normal; it is the behavior of someone who does not respect you and your boundaries. It is one thing to ask you but it should not go beyond a confirmation repeat of the question. To keep asking is disrespectful; especially if he knows how you feel about this. This would be a good time to for you to step back and have talk with him about how you feel and where you stand with sexual activities as to what is ok and what is not. Here is an article that may be helpful Be a Blabbermouth! The Whats, Whys and Hows of Talking About Sex With a Partner .

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ash007
Neophyte
Member # 57848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ash007     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! We will definitely have a talk! One more question, I don't see any articles about this. Is there anything I should know about dating a man who is uncircumcised? Does this change anything? Risk factors, STIs, Pain, etc?
Posts: 8 | From: US | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There really aren’t significant differences between a penis being circumcised or not; at least as far as function and precautions go. The only difference would be that when he uses a condom, he should retract or pull his foreskin back before putting on the condom (Condom Basics: A User's Manual ). Any other differences would be a long the same lines as ‘there are not any two penises and the people that they go with are the exactly same’, so each new situation is a learning and experimentation (and hopefully enjoyable) experience. [Wink]

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.