Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » im scared

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: im scared
MiikiieBabiie
Activist
Member # 55755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MiikiieBabiie         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He fingered me... and he went in quite deep... and i had like a fade of red on my nickers when i got in and yestuday i had the same when i wiped it was on the toilet paper do u think he popped my cherry? :/
Posts: 51 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Popping the cherry" is a figure of speech based on a bunch of different misunderstandings and misinformation about the vagina. There is nothing to "pop"deep inside the vagina.

You've made clear that you aren't using extra lubricant. If a partner is putting fingers inside the vagina without that, and/or is being too rough or hasty, it's easy for the vaginal opening or walls to get abrasions, which will often cause bleeding.

So, what it sounds like is that a) you need to be using lubricant and b) you need to make sure you're communicating with your partner and making sure to let him know to be more gentle and gradual with this.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67219 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MiikiieBabiie
Activist
Member # 55755

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MiikiieBabiie         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
by popping my cherry i ment him taking my virginaty.... could i lose my Virginaty with him fingerin me?

--------------------
Timeea

Posts: 51 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Virginity" is a term that has a different meaning for everyone, and a term some people choose not to use at all. So, it really depends on how YOU define that term, and what significance it has to you.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5668 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoatRack
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 50455

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoatRack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you want to give this article a read and see if that answers any of your questions?

Magical Cups & Bloody Brides: Virginity in Context

--------------------
Hey folks, my name is Andrew and I was a mod here for awhile a couple years ago. I'll be here for a couple weeks while Heather is out and the site is even more short-staffed than usual

Posts: 441 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MiikiieBabiie
Activist
Member # 55755

well to me virginity mean the first time you have sex and that little skinny bit of skin inside your vagina breaks.... ?

--------------------
Timeea

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing is though, "sex" can mean a whole lot of different things (manual sex, oral sex, penis-in-vagina intercourse, etc.) and the hymen - that little bit of skin inside your vagina - doesn't usually break, but wears away over time and is usually mostly gone by the time you have any kind of sex at all.

Not saying your definition is wrong, just wanted to clarify a couple of points. You might also want to have a read through this: My Corona: The Anatomy Formerly Known as the Hymen and the Myths That Surround It.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5668 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing is that there is no set medical definition for "virginity". The bit of skin that you are referring to, the hymen (or as it's now known, the corona) doesn't actually break the first time a woman has penis-in-vagina intercourse. Rather, it wears down slowly over time, and few women will still have an intact hymen by the time they have intercourse for the first time.

So, as Karybu pointed out (and as you can also read up on in the article Andy linked you to), virginity has only a cultural meaning. Thus, it's entirely up to you how you want to define it.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9026 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.