Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » more pill stuff

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: more pill stuff
Gingerbread
Activist
Member # 45944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gingerbread     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok here we go. i went on vacation to california for five days, where there is a three hour time difference. i take my pill at home at nine pm, so i took it in california at 6. then i had a connecting flight in chicago, where there is an hour difference, so i took it at eight there since it would be nine at home. i thought that this would all make sense, but then i started wondering if it would keep my pill effective. with all of this switching time zones, would my body just get confused when it got used to taking it at six on the west coast, and then come back and take it at nine on the east coast? i guess im asking if jet lag would effect my body and the way it responds to my pill.

i promise i do research on my pill, and everything else makes sense, it just always seems that the stuff i cant find info on is the stuff i have problems with.

Posts: 44 | From: United States | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really have a three hour window on their side of the time when you normally take your pill (so, for you, you could take it as early as 6pm or as late as midnight). So the time zone changes within the continental US really aren't a big deal at all.
Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gingerbread
Activist
Member # 45944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gingerbread     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so that won't cause a drop in my effectiveness? or will it bump me from being a perfect user to a typical user?
Posts: 44 | From: United States | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perfect use rates are done in lab studies, so few people really are going to be perfect users: but if you stay in that window, you're as close as it gets, per timing of pills.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67145 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.