Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Uh Oh..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uh Oh..
Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So last night a friend and I were having sex. The condom we used came from inside his truck and had also been given to him by one of his friends (I know, two bigs no-nos.) But regardless, even though I said I'd rather not at first, we did it anyway, and right when he was ready to come he pulled out and I felt it... The condom had broke and it definitely got around my opening, if not in. We know it wasn't broke five minutes before he came because he had pulled out for a second, but we're not sure whether it broke inside of me or just when he pulled out. I think it did. He thinks it didn't. No matter what the case, precum did for sure.

Either way, I'm tripping out. After realizing it broke, we went to town and tried Walgreens, Wal-Mart, and CVS to get Plan B/The Morning After Pill. All three were either out or didn't carry it, and we found out they wouldn't have sold it to me because I'm only 16 anyway. So today him and a friend skipped the beginning of school to try one more place (the girl friend was 18), but she couldn't get it because they were out too. So I decided to go to the health unit today, but when I asked if I could get it there, they said I could but only before 3:00pm, and it was nearly four by this time because I don't get out of school until 3:30pm.

Now...
If by any chance I can manage to get out of school without my mom knowing, do you think the health unit would give Plan B to me even though I'm not 18, with telling/getting my parents consent?
And I know the risk is high because I stopped taking my birth control a month ago and the condom failed, but in a realistic number, how many girls would get pregnant this way?

[ 11-18-2009, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Typical Young and Dumb Teenager? ]

--------------------
Young and Dumb.
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." - Keith Urban

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the condom did break during or after he ejaculated then yes: this posts a high risk both of pregnancy and of sexually transmitted infections.

If he withdraw BEFORE it broke and did not ejaculate, the pregnancy risk is much, much smaller, at most, it would be the typical use level for withdrawal as a method or a condom in typical use, which is about a 15 - 27% risk. The STI risk would still be present, though.

You can get Plan B at a sexual health clinic: can you get to one after school if the health center cannot provide it to you?

Do you also want to talk about what happened here? It sounds like you are saying you said no, but were then coerced into having sex. Is that right?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're having difficulties obtaining Plan B from pharmacies, you should try getting it via a prescription. That way, your age is not an issue. You can get one from any doctor or even at an ER.

If you want to try that other clinic without a prescription again tomorrow, could you maybe bring along an older friend?

I'm so sorry to hear that getting EC has been such a hassle.

Unfortunately, we cannot tell you exactly how big your pregnancy risk was. If he ejaculated and the condom broke, then it's best to assume a high pregnancy risk and do what you can to get EC while there's still time.

--------------------
-joey
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9010 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We aren't sure exactly when the condom broke. But cum did get around, and probably in, my area because the thing was just retarded. Once I felt his cum hit me, and didn't see the condom at the tip of his penis, I thought it was inside of me. But come to find out, it was wrapped around the bottom part of his shaft like a ponytail in a girl's hair..

Heather, no it wasn't coerced. It was more like I was using my head about not doing it because I knew better than to use a dumb condom like that, but then I guess I just figured "what's the odds...". And now I'm not looking to fondly on that decision. To be completely honest, I'm out of choices, and I don't believe we have a sexual health clinic. I live in a town of approx. 5000 people...

September, I can't get a prescription because my mom doesn't know I'm sexually active, and I really want it to stay that way. (Hopefully I'm not prego because that would be a sheer giveaway, not to mention just a horrible situation for everyone involved.)

--------------------
Young and Dumb.

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Please watch using terms like "retarded" as insults, okay? The condom was broken, shoddy, stored improperly, whatever, and didn't function. It wasn't retarded.)

You can get a prescription for EC without a parent being notified. Want to share your zip code? I'd be happy to help you find somewhere you could get it.

Once we tackle that part of this, we can talk some more about making better choices in the future if you want, and some tools to help you make them during sex, as in the heat of the moment, it can be tougher to think clearly.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67131 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Sorry, no offense meant in any way..).

And I plan on getting back on the pill. I just lost my pack the day I was suppose to take my second pill and never went back to get another pack.. Usually I'm really good in decisions like that, but it was just a random mess up, I suppose. Hopefully it doesn't cost me to have to raise a kid.. :/

and sure. 71341 is my zip. Anything you're going to find is probably going to be under 71351, though.

--------------------
Young and Dumb.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.