Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Sex without a condom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex without a condom
Bun Bun
Activist
Member # 37353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bun Bun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since my boyfriend and I both are STI free, and I've been on the birth control pill for 4 and a half months now, I've been thinking a lot about stopping using condoms. Even though we use plenty of lube (love it!), I still find condoms a little irritating. I am sensitive to latex (especially bandaids that aren't latex free), but we have tried both brands of polyurethane condoms that are sold here and both do not fit properly, and actually cause my boyfriend pain.

Currently, I feel pretty alright with protection of the just the pill alone. We have tried sex without a condom (and loved it) but he did not ejaculate. I'm working towards getting myself to trust my pills completely. I am a PERFECT pill user to the T, so I should be getting the full protection.

Until I feel ready to have condom-less sex, I was wondering if you all had any advice pertaining to hygeine after sex? Will ejaculate alter the chemistry of my vagina significantly, and if so, how can I help prevent infections?

Any other advice on the matter would be greatly apprieciated!

Posts: 206 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diamonds4lucy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 28076

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diamonds4lucy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there, Bun Bun.

Ejaculate does slightly alter the environment of the vagina; you may find that your vagina smells slightly different after contact with semen.

The same basic "hygiene" and such that applies to sex with condoms also applies to sex without condoms- urinating before and after intercourse, using lube, etc.

You might want to give Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions and Sexual Health 101: Hers to get an idea of what is and isn't normal in terms of your your body and health.

Hope this has helped!

--------------------
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams.

Help Support Scarleteen!

Posts: 446 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bun Bun
Activist
Member # 37353

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bun Bun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks!

I'll be sure to read both!

Posts: 206 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too: is your boyfriend putting a few drops of lubricant inside the poly condoms before he puts them on?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68164 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brizzle
Neophyte
Member # 38411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for brizzle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think i had sex. crazy i know. me & my signifigant other were fooling around and he started fingering me. after a while i was just like do it. he didn't have a condom. i was dripping when he was fingering me, but when the time cam for him to insert his penis, it got dry. it hurt like hell when he finally did get it in. & least i think he got it in. i don't know if he did or not. he said it was but i thought sex was supposed to feel good. it hurt & my cherry has alredy been popped, so why did it hurt so bad ?

--------------------
breanneee.

Posts: 1 | From: augusta georgia | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bun Bun
Activist
Member # 37353

No, Heather, we actually didn't have lube at that time. However, they were INCREDIBLY small and restricting. He was almost in pain putting them on because the ring at the bottom was just too small.

We use large size latex condoms now, and definitely use lots of lube. They fit him great!

pyro_angel
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 13245

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pyro_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
brizzle, this area is for volunteer and staff replies only, and if you have a question, you need to start your own post. You can do that by clicking "New Topic" on any board page. Thanks.

--------------------
Courtenay

Posts: 593 | From: Kamloops, BC, Canada | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.