Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » tampon questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: tampon questions
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
I've just started using tampons as pads were causing me some chafing. On the first day of bleeding i inserted a regular size tampon into my vagina. I pushed it in as far as it would go and i think it was up against my cervix.

From straight after putting it in, i have leakage of blood (not a lot) onto my underwear- im sure its not because the tampon is soaked. So i've been wearing liners with the tampons everyday. Is this supposed to happen?

I can also feel the tampon slowly moving down towards the vaginal opening, especially when i pass bowel motions. Does this mean i should use a bigger size? Or is this normal?

My bleedings not especially heavy and i change the tampons every few hours

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leabug
Activist
Member # 27966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leabug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's happening right after inserting the tampon, you likely do not have the tampon in correctly. While tampons can leak if they're starting to get full of blood, they shouldn't leak much right at the start. You may not have had it in far enough, potentially, especially if you feel like it's coming out (it's normal to feel the tampon when you have a bowel movement though).

--------------------
Lea

Posts: 2332 | From: Canada | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.