Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Question about the pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about the pill
ScarcelyHeard
Activist
Member # 29242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScarcelyHeard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on birth control for a little over a year. Every once in a while, I'll miss a pill, but I never forget to take two the next day.

Since the summer started, I haven't missed taking a pill, but I haven't been taking them at the same time every day. I take my pill first thing in the morning. If I need to be to work for 9:00, I take my pill between 7:00 and 8:00. If I worked late the night before, I don't wake up until 10:00 or 10:30 and end up taking my pill around 11:00.

I can't remember how the "window" is... so I was wondering how this affects me?

Posts: 80 | From: Canada's East Coast | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're probably just fine.

As I just explained here, the key is taking it at the same TIME of day (as in, morning), and even then, you do have a window of a good half a day before you really have anything to fret over. Even then, there's often no cause for concern so long as you took your pill that day.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ScarcelyHeard
Activist
Member # 29242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScarcelyHeard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking that the window was 2 or 4 hours, so thanks for clarifying that for me!
Posts: 80 | From: Canada's East Coast | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.