Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Blood Exam

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blood Exam
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 9 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm almost freaking out. Perhaps i shouldn't. My mom just informed me that tomorrow i'm not going to school because i need to take a blood exam for my new VISA. My period is supposed to come around the 10th this month, I'm having white discharge as i usually do before getting my period, however. I'm afraid to be pregnant without knowing and then finding out through the test with my mom next to me!! argg HELP!!
Here is the think and please be honest so then I know what are my chances:
I had sex 3 times last month and once at the beginning of this.
1- unprotected but took EC (I only took one and forgot to take the other one 12 hrs later. No ejaculation inside of me.)
2-About three days later, had unprotected sex again, same situation but this time I took both pills together. The lady there said it was oK. (No ejaculation inside of me).
3-Penetration for about a minute or less than that, then we used a condom. It didn't brake or anything. He got out and ejaculated outside of me even though he had a condom on.
4-Was the safest sex ever. Used a condom before penetration, did not broke. Didn't take EC. I'm not on birth control pills either.

Knowing the above. What's my risk of pregnancy??
Does the blood exam i'm taking for my VISA can tell this things? Can it also tell if i've being taking EC?? I'm freaking out...so i'm taking a pregnancy test today, i'm not late or anything. I just want to calm down.

--------------------
peace

Posts: 68 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it hasn't been more than 10 days since your last risk, the pregnancy test won't help you much there.

You did have a small risk in the first two situations, though since you took EC you decreased the risk.

I am not sure what a blood test for a VISA tests for and I sincerely doubt they would check for pregnancy, but even if they did, the results would hardly show up instantly. With things like these, blood samples get sent to labs and you get the results at a later date.

(Gotta tell you, though, EC is not something you should use as a regular method of contraception. And when you use a condom, there is no need to pull out. Condoms are designed to contain ejaculate.)

ETA: They test for HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.

[ 03-07-2007, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me to ask, but what does ETA stand for??

--------------------
peace

Posts: 68 | From: China | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It means that I edited the post to add this extra information. When I first posted I didn't know what would be tested for, so I looked it up for you.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9186 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
transparentcrystal
Activist
Member # 32771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for transparentcrystal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH Ok then. Thank you so much. My dad is getting the results today in a couple of hrs. I'm trying to stay positive! =S but i'm still nervous...
Anyways, if VISA exams (blood test) only test for HIV or STD then I should be fine.

--------------------
peace

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.