Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Urine Infection?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Urine Infection?
*Misty*
Activist
Member # 22843

Icon 5 posted      Profile for *Misty*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I had sex yesterday and we changed the brand of condoms we used. I now need to go to the toilet alot and even after I'm done, I still feel as if I want to go. It did hurt a bit when he entered me and even after he was inside me. I was wondering if anyone would have any idea what was wrong. Thanks.
Posts: 50 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For the record?

Pain is your body's way of asking for a stop or an adjustment. Were, for instance, you using plenty of lubricant as needed? Were you fully aroused before you started with intercourse? if either or both of those things weren't at play, it's not surprising it didn't feel good. Next time? say something, and change or add what you need to.

Changing a condom brand isn't going to cause a UTI. However, UTIs can crop up at any time, due to sex, period, or even without sex being an issue at all. And from the sounds of things, it does sound like a distinct possibility.

So, I'd call into your doctor or GYN and get seen. If it is a UTI, they're almost always very easy to treat. You don't want to let one sit, though, because having it spread to your bladder or kidneys isn't a good time, to say the least.

Make that call, and in the meantime, you can help heal by also drinking LOTS of water, and/or some pure cranberry juice (not cocktail).

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.