Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » early period.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: early period.
LifeAfterDeath18
Activist
Member # 26590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LifeAfterDeath18     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my period and its a week early..
is that normal?
i did some research on google and some say you can get an early period (ovulation) if you're pregnant and that starts 14 days usually after the time of the concieved egg..and i had protected sex about 13 days ago..and idk cause i thought during that time, that some seamen had escaped? but i dont know. maybe im worrying about nothing. atleast its not a missed period.

Posts: 79 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you used a condom and it did not break, or are taking birth control perfectly, the odds of you being pregnant are slim to none.

Just to reiterate, you cannot have a period and be pregnant. The body doens't work that way. A few women experience implantation bleeding, but this is a small, small amount, akin to spotting.

Periods can come early, late, or whatever suits their fancy for a myriad of reasons. Stress, habit and diet changes, etc can all cause period wonkiness.

There's nothing to worry about.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.