Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » masturbation and pregnancy risk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: masturbation and pregnancy risk
owen
Neophyte
Member # 30743

Icon 4 posted      Profile for owen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend and I masturbated one another last night. I ejaculated, largely into her hand, and after about 5-10 minutes, she mistakenly put her hand into her vagina, when trying to show me where it is I should be putting my fingers. By that time her hands were dry, although it's unclear exactly how dry. Regarding her period, she was at the very end of her menstrual cycle. How worried should we be about conception?
Posts: 4 | From: United States | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From our risk chart:

quote:
If your fingers or hands came into contact with pre-ejaculate (pre-cum) or semen (ejaculate, "cum"), either your own or your partner's, did you touch your female partner's genitals or insert your finger(s) into her vagina (or touch your own genitals/insert your finger(s) into your vagina if you are female) while there was still pre-ejaculate or semen on your fingers or hands?

If YES, then you have a LOW risk of pregnancy. See your health care provider for a pregnancy test and an STD screening.

Sperm has trouble surviving in non-hospitable environments like hands for more than 20 minutes, but it's hard to say here whether that was the case or not. If your partner's hands were completely dry, it's unlikely, but she might want to obtain emergency contraception to be safe.

--------------------
Unlucky at cards; lucky at love.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.