Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » HELP!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP!!!
Hiro
Neophyte
Member # 30563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hiro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My girlfriend is a week late for her period. I know there's a very slim chance for her to be pregnant, but her discharge is kind of chunky and thick, and we know that's not normal. What's going on? Are they connected?
Posts: 17 | From: TX | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there are times in the fertility cycle when it's normal for discharge to be thick, so it can be normal.

But if it looks cottage-cheesy-thick, if she's got any itching or discomfort, she could be dealing with an infection, and should see her general doctor, sexual health clinician or gynecologist.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68255 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hiro
Neophyte
Member # 30563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hiro     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She tastes horrible when I go down on her. It`s not chunky or cottage cheese like. And not thick. What could be going on???
Posts: 17 | From: TX | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You just SAID it was thick in the first post.

In any event, a foul taste or odor, like profound and unusual thickness, could be a sign of infection. There's no telling what KIND of infection online: generally, that's something that, as I said above, she'll need to have her healthcare professional look into.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68255 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hiro
Neophyte
Member # 30563

What if we had sex and the condom didn`t break AND I filled it up with water afterward to check for a leak. No water squirted out so I think were safe. AM I right or wrong???
Heather
Member # 3

Using condoms reduces the risk of infections. It doesn't prevent them, and vaginal imbalances like yeast or bacetrial infections are things that can happen even if a woman isn't having sex at all.

Per pregnancy, yes, it does not sound like you have had a risk, as we told you before, but if your partner is a week late, she could take a pregnancy test if she wanted to be sure. However, your partner still has this issue of a potential infection to manage.

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.