Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » warts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: warts
ilovechipotle
Neophyte
Member # 30512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovechipotle         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had one outbreak of genital warts four years ago.

Since then, nothing has ever showed up ever again.

And all my pap smears have come back normal.

I'm wondering if I need to tell a new partner about what happened to me four years ago.

Or if it is irrelevant or this outbreak four years ago won't cause any future problems...

I have heard that the virus is yours forever...
And I have heard the body can clear the virus itself and you're no longer contagious.

I'm not quite sure.

What are the real risks, for a woman who had one outbreak of warts having sex with a male partner?

I want to tell the truth, but only if it is really necessary.

I'm afraid of not being accepted my anyone and being alone forever.

Posts: 4 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ilovechipotle
Neophyte
Member # 30512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ilovechipotle         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, and my only partner since then never became infected with and without the use of a condom.
Posts: 4 | From: Oregon | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.