Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Period/Pregnancy question.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period/Pregnancy question.
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babybear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have a normal period, you are not pregnant, correct?

Last month I had a very normal period [lasted about 5 or 6 days], and I definitely went through a lot of pads/tampons... my flow was not light but regular, a little "heavy" at times even. There was visible blood... not just brown discharge. But lately, I have been craving all kinds of foods, feeling a little crampy, and etc. I know the only true way to know you are pregnant is if you take a test, so I am wondering if I should, even if I got my period.

The period that I am writing/worrying about was from a month when I had just started my birth control, I was only 5 days into it and had protected sex. The condom did not break and no ejaculate/pre-ejaculate came in contact with my vaginal area, but I still worry. I am now currently on the light blue pills of my 2nd pack, and I know now I am protected but still will continue to use condoms.

If you are on the birth control pill and were pregnant would you still have your withdrawal bleed?

Thanks.

Posts: 250 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You paired birth control pills with correct condom use, plus had a full period. You cannot be pregnant, at all.

The symptoms you're describing could well be your body getting used to the pill, or just plain old cravings and stomach upset.

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babybear
Activist
Member # 30364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for babybear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But when I had my "risk" I was only on BC for 5 days; I had just started. BUT I got my period so that doesn't matter.

Thankkkk you.

Posts: 250 | From: somewhere | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.