Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » I have no idea if i had sex or not!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have no idea if i had sex or not!
sooxcute
Neophyte
Member # 30281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sooxcute     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im really clueless about this whoel sex thing. Me and my boyfriend were messing around and from what i hear we had dry sex? If thats what it is. his boxers were on and so were my underwear but when he tried to go in it kinda hurt so i told him to stop. Does that mean we had sex because soemone told me that it hurt because ( and this is the only word i know for this) he was fixing to "pop my cherry", does that wall or w.e it is have to be broke in order to get pregnant? Im asking this because im a couple days late and im a little worried. He said he didnt cum and i think we both would have felt it if he did. But my underwear was damp so im really confused?!?! Please help, im so clueless about this.
Posts: 1 | From: usa | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The hymen, when it is present -- or, as is more typical in young women who have been in puberty for a while, partial -- isn't a wall. It's a VERY thin membrane, and one which already usually has several openings in it, otherwise vaginal fluids and menses could not get through as they do.

It doesn't need to be "borken," and sparing forced or very rough intercourse, generally will not do so: it usually just wears away slowly over time. The hymen is not protection against pregnancy, in any state.

I'm guessing the hurting was from very close contact or attempted intercourse to delicate parts with layers of scratchy fabric in between you.

You're not likely to often, so you know, feel ejaculation when it occurs with a partner when his penis is in clothing or pressed against your vulva. If the layers of fabric you had on were very thin, and his penis was right on or inside your vaginal opening, pregnancy risks MAY have existed (as might have STI risks), but given you're late, you could take a pregnancy test now to find out right away, without having to freak out any more.

One more thing? if you feel clueless, take a few steps back from any sort of sex until you get the time you need to educate yourself so that you can make truly informed choices, okay?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.