Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » pre-cum question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pre-cum question
MissSmarty
Activist
Member # 28387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissSmarty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

I have a quick question.

I was looking at the flow chart on here for sexual activity and pregnancy risk and was confused on something. If a guy and girl are dry humping with their underwear and shorts on, and the girls shorts get damp to the outside a bit and the guys do too is there a risk of pregnancy here.

My boyfriend had a quarter sized damp spot on his shorts and I had made my panties and my shorts a little damp from my fluids. Is there a real risk here? I mean my clothes wern't soaking through with his pre-ejac. He just had a little visible on his pants.

He thinks I am worrying about this when I shouldn't.
Thank you

Posts: 118 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, for starters, it's kinda callous to tell a woman she shouldn't worry about pregnancy. It's obviously going to be a big concern, especially when you do not want to become pregnant.

It doesn't sound like you had a real risk here, though.

However, when two people get to this point, it usually IS the time to start talking about safer sex and birth control, about what you'd both do per an accidental pregnancy, about what risks you are and are not willing to take. Have you two discussed these things?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MissSmarty
Activist
Member # 28387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissSmarty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your quick response Miz Scarlet. And we usually try to use a condom even if we are just rubbing with shorts on. We have talked about me starting birth control pills... we were just waiting for me to get off my meds I had been taking for years (SSRI), which I have been off now for 3 weeks.

I must admit though, I am aprehensive to get on birth control. Are the long term effects known for the pill? ANd what is in it? Is it safe?

Posts: 118 | From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the pill and hormonal BC is hardly your only option. Remember, there are a LOT of options, so talk to your gynecologist.

If you have problems with depression, in fact, hormonal methods may NOT be your best bet, because it is a common side effect for BCPs and other hormonal methods to increase symptoms of depression. I'd put an extra caution on that if you're just getting off meds for depression.

What's in it? Synthetic hormones: which depends on the given type of pill and brand. Yes, long-term effects are known, though specific studies on very young women per the pill are still not easy to find.

So, again, talk to your gynecologist about these issues and ask him or her about all the different options. Obviously, you'll want condoms in the mix, but if you also want a backup method, you've got plenty of choices.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.