Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » a simple question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a simple question
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

I have a question. It was actually killing me yesterday but today I am much more relaxed.

Here is the thing:

I had my period starting on the 9th of October, finishing about 5 or 6 days later. That was very much normal, just a couple of days after the September period (started on 7th). Right now I've just passed what would have been the middle of my cycle, but the night of the 26/27 of this month I realized I was bleeding again. It wasn't much blood, not even to fill one pad, and on the 27th there was a little too.

I was worried, because it has just been two weeks since I had my period. I did some research and the possibilities of this kind of bleeding sort of freaked me out, like an extrauterine pregnancy, which would have been possible, since a month ago I had protected sex with my boyfriend. Quickly I dismissed that possibility, since my October period was actually quite strong. I called the health service in here in England, and they asked me about the symptoms and all, after considering, the nurse told me to rest and drink plenty of liquids. If this were to happen next month again, I should get checked up. So I did not worry about things like that anymore.

My question is, since I bled again, will I be getting my period at the beginning of November again or probably not until the end of the month? Should I take a pregnancy test just in case?

Thanks

Love,
Leni

------------------
dive into shine, even a deep darkness changes into shine, because i am believing the moment

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have not had a pregnancy risk since your last period, then it's unlikely that that's the problem. If you think you may have had a risk, then there's no harm in testing (as long as it has been at least 10 days since the risk).

It's possible to have some hormonal wonkiness that would ransomly cause some mid-cycle bleeding. So this may just be an anomoly. It's hard to say when your next period will be...this may affect it, this may not affect it. It's really impossible to say.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.