Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » ECP

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ECP
DiamondGirl2K
Activist
Member # 9162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DiamondGirl2K     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Scarleteen...I just wanted to know if there are any known cases where a person took ECP (Preven) and then turned out to be pregnant after. I took ECP about 2 weeks ago and I threw up a little more than an hour after I took the second dose. I called to see if I should repeat the dose and was told it wasn't necessary since the first dose went along fine. Is it even possible that the second dose of Preven isn't necessary since it has 2 pills to a dose? I had read somewhere it might not be necessary. What do you think?

[This message has been edited by DiamondGirl2K (edited 06-15-2004).]

Posts: 137 | From: The Home of The Greatest: NY | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Emergency contraception is quite effective, but it isn't as effective as birth control - so yes, a small minority of people take EC but end up pregnant anyway.

Since it's been 2 weeks, you can take a pregnancy test if you're worried or if your period doesn't turn up on time.

The second pill is necessary; it's always important to take any medication as you're directed.

What some doctors are now suggesting is that it might be okay to take both pills at once - not that you only need one out of 2 pills.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.