Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » On the safe side

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: On the safe side
cassandra
Activist
Member # 8802

Icon 5 posted      Profile for cassandra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my bf had sex on monday and after we were done he pulled out (he had a condom on) and the semen was not just at the tip of the condom, it was kinda at the top aswell and looked as if some came out. This maybe because when he was coming he was still moving and pushed the semen up/down the condom. I have a chance of pregnancy don't i? How long should i wait before i take a test? And should he stop moving when he comes? Thanks Cass.
Posts: 97 | From: Great Britain | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may have been semen, yes; it may also have been lubricant or your own vaginal fluids.

If this happened on Monday and you are not taking the pill, or were not using any backup method to the condom, then to be safer, you should treat this as a pregnancy risk. If you do not wish to become pregnant, there is still time for you to use Emergency Contraception. The sooner you use it, the more effective it is.

As well, both of you should consider yourselves to have had a STD/STI transmission risk; that means it's time for testing. See this for more: Testing, Testing.

In the future, when in a situation in which the condom could slip, he should hold the base of the condom to keep it in place. This also goes for when he withdraws the penis (pulls out).

Edited to add: The soonest one can take a pregnancy test is 2 weeks after unprotected sex or on the first day of a missed period.
------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don’t know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president." - Kurt Vonnegut, "Cold Turkey"

[This message has been edited by lemming (edited 05-18-2004).]

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.