Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » is it thrush?

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it thrush?
Member # 15317

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackTangledHeart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well for a couple of days, i have been hurting and itching down there. first of all it was dead sensitive and hurt but now it itches and hurts!
i thought i might have had a tear or something so i got a mirror to check, and my discharge has gone all weird it's changed from being i suppose the best way to describe it is like runny out side of an egg, to liek chunky white bits kinda like cottage cheese? and it really hurts to have sex, so i've have stopped for a bit.
what i want to know is what i've described thrush?
if so how am i meant to go about treating it?
and how would have i have got it?
i'll be starting my period today as im on the pill and know when i start so i wont go to my docters for about a week? and if i go to my docters will he have to look at my vagina? as i would be very embarrised!!

Posts: 43 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, that sounds like a classic yeast infection.

So, get to your doctor or clinic, and in the meantime, abstain from sex.

It's nothing to be embrassed about: yeast infections/thrush are basically just imbalances in the vagina due to stress, diet, heat or lack of circulation, a reaction to antibiotics, and are sometimes sexually transmitted.

If you're on the pill, you should already be getting annual GYN exams: it's not smart to be on the pill without them, and besides, EVERY menstruating women needs those exams every year, ESPECIALLY if she's sexually active. To a doctor or gynecologist who looks at vulvas all day, I assure you, it's not embarassing or weird, it's what they do. You've had sex parters take a gander at you there, which is a whole lot more intimate than an objective clinican doing so.

So, go see your doctor or GYN. He or she will find out what sort of infection you have and get you treated. As well, if you've had unprotected sex lately and are diagnosed with an infection, be sure to let your partner or partners know, as they too may need treatment.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3

Search Scarleteen