Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help
luv yas
Neophyte
Member # 18122

Icon 9 posted      Profile for luv yas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying to find help for my anorexia. I don't want my family to know about it so I'm trying to do it by myself but so far I have gotten nowhere. I've had this problem for awhile and I don't want it anymore. I've been getting my life back and I'm trying to change me but this problem has really got me. I thought I could control it but I was wrong. Is their anyway that I can help myself without others finding out? If you know of anyone websites or anything please help. I'm really stuck on this and I fear that it's just going to get worse.
Posts: 1 | From: Yorktown,IN,USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you can get private counseling/therapy, or find a local support group.

For most people with EDs fear of discovery is a major issue in terms of keeping them from getting better. But the truth is, you're hard-pressed to find anyone who crawled out of an ED completely on their own: nearly everyone needs some in-person help and support. And for many, that discovery wasn't as scary as they thought it would be in the long run.

So, your best bet? Kick that fear of discovery in the butt and TELL someone who can help you: a school counselor or nurse, your family doctor or some member of your family. Honestly, that is going to be the best first step you can take if you really want to get through this and on the road to being healthy.

Until you can get there, you might find this site helpful: http://www.something-fishy.org/

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.