Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » popped cherry

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: popped cherry
ButtercupSweetheart
Neophyte
Member # 9812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ButtercupSweetheart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my bf fingered me fer the first time using a lot of lube and a glove. he almost popped my cherry but didnt. my question is, what will happen to my hymen over this period of time? I mean if I go to eh gynecologist will they know that from looking? and when my hymen meets speculum, will it pop my cherry?Should I finger myself so it dosnt get tight again and stays loose? this came across my mind as i read something on another board, adn I know your reliable info so.... answer? lol:-)
Posts: 22 | From: LA, CA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no cherry, just a bit of skin that's got about as much significance as toenail clippings. If the skin, the hymen, erodes, that's perfectly normal, and can happen through non-sexual activities very easily as well, so no gynecologist would think too much of it. And a vagina can't be loose, nor tight, because it's a very elastic organ -- it can change its dimensions through arousal, but just like how erection don't last forever, neither does this.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS

Better living through Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, we're not big fans of the terms referring to genitals and fruit salads. In other words, there are no cherries down there. No cherries, watermelons, pineapples...no fruit.

Secondly, hymen's don't pop. They stretch or erode, or may possibly tear a bit. Hymen's do not grow back or become tight again after any period of time. A gynocologist cannot tell whether or not you're sexually active by the absence of a hymen. Most women don't have much of a hymen left (if any at all) by the time they see a gyn for the first time. Generally, regular everyday activites erode the hymen away (if you ever had one at all, as some women are born without them).

Why don't you check out Pink Parts – Female Sexual Anatomy

And good for you and your partner for using gloves and lube...great way to be safe!

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 10-27-2002).]

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.