Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » First time Sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First time Sex
hunnybunchsugarmelon
Neophyte
Member # 10264

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hunnybunchsugarmelon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am 14, and I'm planning on having sex next summer with a good friend that I've known forever. He is 3 years older than me and we have both promised to stay virgins until then. Can you give me any advice to help ease my worries?, I am soooo nervous about it.
Posts: 1 | From: Sykesville, Maryland, USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scarleteen has some very relevant information about first-time sex at Ready or Not? –The Readiness Checklist and First Intercourse 101.

However, the fact that you are 14 means that you are well under the age of consent (which is 16 in Maryland). Here at Scarleteen we can't condone any illegal actions. And since your friend is significantly older than you, having sex with you could potentially get him into a lot of trouble.

Furthermore, the fact that you are so nervous but have set yourself a "deadline" for having intercourse suggests to me that you may well not be ready or may not have thought this through. So I suggest you take a good hard look at Ready or Not? –The Readiness Checklist .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.