Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » pregnancy ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnancy ?
QuietOne109
Neophyte
Member # 7609

Icon 5 posted      Profile for QuietOne109     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry i wasnt clear on the question...my last period was august 27th i believe i just got it oct 3rd i had sex on i think it was either oct 1st or the 2nd with a condom and it didnt break but it was wet on the outside and we thought it might be from him and it might of leaked out of the top or something now if i did get pregnant would i have skipped this period or the next one..and question to keep track of ur period do i count 28 days from the day my period starts or the day it ends to know approx my next one will be? thanks for the help
Posts: 22 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless you aren't using proper lubrication, or are not at allk aroused yourself (both bad ideas), you're nevber going to remove a dry condom.

Women produce their own lubrication when aroused, and the lubricant that is on the condom already, and which one uses to keep it lubricated, is also going to keep it frm being dry on the outside.

If you used a condom for ALL genital contact and it did not rip, break or tear (I assure you, it's pretty obvious when it happens), chances are very high that that use was 100% effective insofar as birth control. Pregnancy is not generally instantaneous, so, it is possible -- if no method is used or a method fails -- to become pregnant days after the incident, meaning that if you were to become pregnant this cycle (again, unlikely), you would likely skip the next period, not this one.

To chart your cycles, you count Day One as the first day of your period, and continue counting until your cycle ends with your next period, at which time you start at Day One again.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
now if i did get pregnant would i have skipped this period or the next one..

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here. If you had sex during your period and became pregnant as a result, you wouldn't skip that period, but you would skip the next.

The simplest way of finding out if you're pregnant or not is to take a pregnancy test, which you can do 10-14 days after the incident in question. But as Miz S has explained, from what you've said your pregnancy risk is very low.

quote:
and question to keep track of ur period do i count 28 days from the day my period starts or the day it ends to know approx my next one will be?

You count from the day one period starts to the day the next period starts - but you don't necessarily count 28 days.

Some people's menstrual cycles are 28 days long, some are longer or shorter, so you need to keep track of your periods and work out what the average length of your cycle is. If you've started menstruating in the last few years, then your periods may still be irregular anyway.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.