Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » is it yeast infection?

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it yeast infection?
Member # 9239

Icon 4 posted      Profile for concerned10     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been on the pill since December 2001 but have missed about 3 months taking it.

I am worried because since around 5 months ago, I started to have pain during intercourse. When my boyfriend entered me, it hurt in just one area and that was the side. It was really sensitive but I thought that it would pass. It was extremley painful. But that has now gone.

I started to get discharge which was abnormal. Once i had an orangy/pink colour appear. But very recently I have had abnormal thick white discharge. It is alomost an everyday thing now. And sometimes there is so much. I have not been itchy which is one of the symptoms but when my boyfriend withdrawls, he sometimes becomes itchy and when the white discharge dries and becomes flaky on him I also dont have pain while urinating. I am on the pill for contraceptive reasons and was wondering if this is what triggered it all.

I was wondering whether i could self- treat this rather than go to the doctors. Would using yoghurt really work? and how often do I use it? And where can I get antibiotics from? A local chemmist? Is it just any normal antibiotic? And do i need to say what its for?

My current boyfriend is my third long term sexual partner and I am vary sexually active... Please help me!!

Posts: 10 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Get ye to a gynecologist!

We aren't doctors here, and can't diagnose you, but its quite possible that you have an STD of some kind (especially if you've been having unprotected sex). While white discharge is one symptom of yeast infections, you need to go to your doctor (especially if you've never been diagnosed with one before) in order to determine that it is actually a yeast infection. The fact that you have had an orangey discharge makes me think that it definitely could be something else.

Here is an article about Yeast infections:
The FBI Files: Yeast Infections

And here is the Infection Section of Scarleteen:
Infection Section

Take a read, but remember to see a professional in order to get a diagnosis. Don't self-treat.

Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Using yogourt will help, but it won't necessarily cure, so I'd suggest using it until you can get to a doctor, and trying to get to a doctor as soon as possible.

You're the one I adore
You're my C64

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3

Search Scarleteen