Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » uh oh

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: uh oh
honey
Neophyte
Member # 260

Icon 1 posted      Profile for honey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok here's my problem...i have been going out with my b/f for almost two years now. we have grown together, and matured together and he's my best friend. just recently we began having intercourse. we are both 17 years old. in no way did i feel pressured, we both talked about taking that step together and we were both ready at the time we decided to do so. through our whole relationship we took things slowly, and both learned things about each other each step of the way. me and my stepmother are really close. i told her that i was ready to have sex with my bf and after the fact i told her that we did so. soon after i went to the gyno and soon i will be going on birth control, when it comes time for me to start it. now here's where it starts getting um scary i guess. just yesterday me and my bf engaged in intercourse. i knew it would've been best to wait until i started on the pill, but as foolish as this is i thought that one more time wouldn't hurt. i wasn't thinking, "oh i can't wait i need it now" no not at all...we both wanted to do it yesterday. well the condom broke. he ejacualted inside of me w/o a condom protecting me. i didn't know what to do, but i remembered reading in a magazine about how much easier it is to get the morning after pill, at first i didn't know what to think, but then i read on how it prevents a pregnancy and in now way is it a way of abortion because there's nothing to abort. i immediately went online for local woman centers, then looked in the phonebook under clinics, and i found one about 5 mins away. i called them up, with my bf standing by holding my hand, and i asked about morning after pills. they told me i had to come down so i could fill out some papers and they could see me. my bf sat down next to me, offered to help fill out some forms so i could get in there and calm my worrying. finally it was time for me to go in. my bf blew me a kiss and i was on my own. i started crying knowing the huge mistake i made and i was so scared knowing there's still a percentage that this won't work. the doc did a pregancy test on me, making sure i wasn't already pregnant, and i wasn't. after asking me some questions and calming me down, she told me about plan b. she said it a very very good chance it will be effective and i shouldn't have anything to worry about. she made another appt for me when they will do pregnanct tests on me, but if i get my period before i won't have to attend. the secretary than filled up a paper bag with condoms and gave them to us with a smile and we both chuckled a little, knowing it won't be until i'm on the pill that we wouldn't be having sex. well this morning, right before taking the second and last pill of plan b, my stepmother asked me where i went yesterday. i was reluctant to tell her, but i knew it was better if i did. after telling me how immature we both acted and how we should of acted, she rose my worriedness of plan b not working and me being pregnant. well now i have some questions after knowing my whole sitaution...exactly how effective is plan b? i mean is there a very good chance i'm pregnant??? also when i was filling out the paper work at the clinic they asked some questions about being sexually abused...why do they need to know that? i have been by my mother's old bf before, and my bf knows about it and repects it and that's another reason why we took things so slow, but why do they need to know that? also, will the fact that i took this plan b effect the pregnancy pills i'll be going on? and i also read somewhere that plan b (And others) can help cause tubel pregnation (i think that's the way to say it) later on in life...is that true and if so what are the chances? i am just so worried right now, but at the same time i am so lucky and happy to have a bf who stood by my side like that...and by bf i don't just mean boyfriend i mean best friend to, and i'm relieved that i told my stepmother even though she is upset with me or at the fact that i did so. can you please answer my questions??? thankyou so much for your time!

------------------
"When I was alive, I believed - as you do - that time was at least as real and solid as myself, and probably more so. I said "one o'clock" as though I could see it, and "Monday" as if I could find it on the map. Like everyone else I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes and New Year's Days, and I never went outside because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls."

The Skull, The Last Unicorn

Posts: 8 | From: dracut, MA, USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
Sorry that you had to go through a traumatic experience like that. First of all, emergency contraception such as Plan B is very effective--it lowers your pregnancy risk by 92%. Taking EC does not have adverse long time effects.

For more information about Plan B, please take the time to read through this page: http://www.go2planb.com/consumers_guide/patient_info.html

So all you can really do now is wait until your next period comes to make sure that you aren't pregnant, or take a home pregnancy test 10 days from now. Also, the clinic asked you about past sexual abuse because they need to know your complete sexual history in order to treat you. It's important for the clinic to know how many partners you've had, etc, so they can assess your risk for STDs and such.

What can you do to make sure that you won't have to get EC again? Are you using the condom properly with lots of lube? Was the condom good quality (we prefer non-Trojan brands, such as Durex) and not stored in a wallet?
A Simple Condom Primer
Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To

Also, since the people at the clinic seemed to be very helpful and accomodating, it's time for you and your partner to go get tested for STDs.
Testing, Testing…

Make sure that you understand the pill completely by asking your physician lots of questions about it, and you can also read through the FAQs at ST.

Good luck!

------------------
Kindness and honesty can be expected only from the strong.
Anonymous

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.