Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » what can i do now?

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what can i do now?
Member # 9116

Icon 4 posted      Profile for onemessedupgurl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
recently my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex (i know, mistake)days ago and now I'm worried that I might get pregnant. I was wondering, is there any emergency contraceptives I can take now this late? ANd I was also wondering are girls under 18 allowed to get birth ontrol without their parent's knowing? and if so, what type of place would you go to? thanks
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it's been less than 72 hours since unprotected sex, you can take EC. Otherwise, you'll have to wait until you can take a home pregnancy test. Please see this thread:
Am I pregnant?

See the Sex Basics & Sexual Health FAQ for information about getting the pill.

Kindness and honesty can be expected only from the strong.

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3

Search Scarleteen