Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Am I missing out?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I missing out?
crazy_little_angel
Neophyte
Member # 9047

Icon 9 posted      Profile for crazy_little_angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my (male) friends claims to have manually given his girlfriend 47 orgasms in a row, in the space of a couple of hours. Another of my (male) friends claims a similar feat on a separate occasion. The most I've ever been able to manage (on myself) is one! I mean, I know how to get myself off and everything, and bring myself to orgasm. But after it's happened once, it just becomes tiresome. I don't consider myself conservative or nervous in bed, either. My boyfriend fingered me once, and I was wet as anything, but once he put his fingers down there it had the opposite effect and turned me off instead. Dammit! I feel like I might be missing something. How do my friends do it?
Posts: 5 | From: Merredin, Western Australia | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chances are, your friends aren't understanding what orgasms are and are mistaking them for contractions DURING orgasm, sexual arousal or good feelings in general.

Either that, or they're just plain fibbing.

When we're talking about multiple orgasm, the average and norm is in the 2-6 orgasm range. When someone starts talking about more than 10 - 20 - 200 orgasms in one short session, it's time to get wary, because the sexual response cycle just doesn't work that way.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68237 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, in terms of orgasms, it's really quality, not quantity, that counts -- and often times good sexual activity doesn't result in orgasm at all, but just stops when people want to stop and are content. Are you having a good time when you engage in sexual activity? If you are, then there's no reason to think that you're missing out, and there's no reason to worry about competing with your friends.

We have an article on
Sexual Response and Orgasm – A User’s Guide that talks a little bit more about sexual response and orgasm that you might find interesting.

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.