Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » really worried!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: really worried!!
lalash
Neophyte
Member # 8845

Icon 4 posted      Profile for lalash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had dry sex with myy bf on may 30, we only had underwear and i was wet. i'm worried because my period should be on june 20, today is june 26 and there is no period. could i be pregnant? the last month i used the pill, do you think that is what is delaying my period?
i used the oral contraceptives

[This message has been edited by lalash (edited 06-26-2002).]

Posts: 2 | From: mexico | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts

Take a home pregnancy test, it's the only way to know for sure if you're pregnant. We have a thread about home pregnancy tests which may be helpful-Am I pregnant?)

Are you talking about the morning after pill or oral contraceptives? After discontinuing oral contraceptives, yes, your period can take a little while to "settle" back into regular cycles. EC can also cause irregular spotting and bleeding. But a test is the only way to make sure, so go get one! Good luck.

------------------
Kindness and honesty can be expected only from the strong.
Anonymous

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
dry sex does carry with it a pregnancy risk. this is why it is important ot pt a condom on him as soon as he is hard.

did you use your pills as directed? were you on time, not missing a pill? are you still taking birth control pills? if so, then you won't get pregnant. But that's only if you took your pills as you were supposed to.

now, the other thing you need to be concered about. STDs. And no, we're not gonna let you say, "but we don't have any." That's a bad assumption to make. You and your partner need to go to the doctor and get screen for any STDs, then go get tested again 6 months later to make sure you are clean.

------------------
"Go that way really fast, and if anything gets in your way ... turn." Better off Dead starring a teenaged John Cusack.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.