Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » plz i need help...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: plz i need help...
princess_1986
Neophyte
Member # 8834

Icon 4 posted      Profile for princess_1986     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i recently have noticed swelling "down there" and i also think i have a yeast infection....i visited the doctor and he gave me medication but it doesnt seem to be helping and the swelling keeps on increasing...does any1 know wut could be causing this? oh and im not sexually active..
Posts: 1 | From: toronto | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Princess,

when the medication your doc has prescribed for a yeast infection isn't making the situation significantly better within 2 or 3 days or getting worse (like with you), get back to her/him immediately to make sure (s)he makes another check up and maybe adapts her diagnosis and treatment.
Yeast infections with the typical tching, swelling and discharge should usually get better after a day or two of treatment if your doc prescribed a 3 day course.

so on to the doc, hon, (s)he's the one who can help you best now.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

[This message has been edited by Alaska (edited 06-26-2002).]

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a yeast infection usually shows up as a white, smelly (kinda like bad beer or bread smell) discharge with some itching. i've not known it to be accompanied by swelling. Swelling would more likely be caused by some sort of inflammation.

what medication did your doctor prescribe? (i'm asking 'cause I want to know what he's treating in particular)

and how long have you been taking your medication? sometimes, symptoms don't go away overnight. But if it's been a long while and there's no improvement, then you really need to call your doctor and tell ihm/ her that it's not going away. Don't change your course of treatment (i.e., take your meds as they have been prescribed) until your doc says to do so (i.e., your doc gives you a new treatment).

------------------
"Go that way really fast, and if anything gets in your way ... turn." Better off Dead starring a teenaged John Cusack.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.