Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » STDs from Drinking after?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: STDs from Drinking after?
Typical Chick
Neophyte
Member # 4226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of my good friends just found out she has herpes. She has it in the mouth and.. down there...

Anyway
The sores on her mouth are at that almost-gone, yellow-crust stage
and today I drank after her!

I was like "Can I take a sip?" and as I did, she was like "Oh, you might get a disease!"

My quesiton - how likely is this?
It was a Hardee's cup with a straw... after she said thatI went and drank water out of the fountain so the germs wouldn't marinate around in there.

I know with Herpes, you see blisters in 7-10 days after contact, but if I kiss my bf, I don't want to give home something!!

I thought if the sores weren't open, it wasn't really possible for the germs to pass, but now I'm all nervous.

PLEASEEE tell me I'm being paranoid.
Thanks

Posts: 7 | From: Los Estados Unidos | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
From the STI File on Herpes Simplex:
How is it spread?
Herpes viruses are spread by contact between an infected area of the body and an uninfected, susceptible area of an uninfected person's body. This means that herpes can be spread from ANY affected part of the body: penis, vulva, anus, mouth, lips/face, etc. If virus from an active sore is on a hand or an object, it can also be transmitted that way -- for instance, a person with cold sores could wipe their mouth with their fingers, then perform manual sex on an uninfected person and infect them that way. It can even be transmitted from hand to eye. Ouch.

From the situation you described, your chances of getting infected are very low, and is only a very slight chance that it could be transmitted to you. I'd suggest you check out the STI file I linked to above for a little more information on Herpes.

------------------
Tim
Can You Read Further?

"Apparently, sex is supposed to be fun. Won't Mrs. Falwell be surprised?" -- TopFive

[This message has been edited by Dude_who_writes (edited 05-15-2002).]

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.