Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » tests

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: tests
Brownsuga
Neophyte
Member # 6580

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brownsuga     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi again
thank you so very much for answering my question even though I am far across the other side of the world. I was just making an inquiry about the home pregnancy tests. You see I bought one about three days after and it came out -ve although many people say it would have been to early to detect and there is a period of time that I should wait and then perform the test. The home package says from the day your period is due and I am days late already. Do you think it wil be accurate by now? Can I do it whilst I am meant to be having my period at the moment?
I hope you understand? Im so sorry

Posts: 12 | From: Sydney, NSW, Australia | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Brownsuga,

most pregnancy tests give reliable results as early as on the first day your period is late.

If a test comes up negative but your period is still on no-show, it's best to take another test a week after the first one to confirm the negative result. If it's also negative but you still don't get your period, it might be the best idea to head to your doc to see what's up.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brownsuga, all of your posts thus far have been in the Ask A Sexpert and Ask An Advocate sections of this board. These areas are for emergency help, and having to answer questions which could have been taken care of by using the search function or other areas of this board means that we can't get ot other posters who may need our help as quickly as we and they would like.

Please start using the other forums and the search function.

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.