Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » help, please ASAP.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help, please ASAP.
dreamofwaking
Neophyte
Member # 8035

Icon 5 posted      Profile for dreamofwaking     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i read over some of the information on the site about 'dry humping', but it didnt give any info on what happens when there are no clothes on.
ok, so here is my scenario.
this afternoon, my boyfriend and i were 'dry humping' with no clothes on. usually we just rub back + forth a few times, and think nothing of it. this time, though, i looked down and noticed there was some pre-cum on his penis. i imagine some of it got on my vagina. also, before i noticed that, his penis had sort of lingered at the entrance to my vagina, it didnt really go in or anything, if it did it was only a tiny bit + for less than a second. however, im still worried. is there any chance of pregnancy? if so, how high? and where can i get a pregnancy test...is it ok to buy one at the store (which brand works best?) or would a clinic be better? also, im not sure about these clinics. #1, how can i get to one w/o my parents getting involved? and #2, is it REALLY confidential? i am only 15, and my boyfriend is 16.

any information that anybody can provide ASAP would be extremely helpful. thank you.

Posts: 1 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, whether or not his penis actually went "in", you still have a pregnancy risk, and an STD risk. If you're going to engage in dry sex especially without clothes, you need to be using condoms to protect yourselves. Pre-ejaculate is present at various times during any erection, and you may or may not notice it. And anytime that pre-ejaculate, or ejaculate comes into contact with your vulva or vagina it has the chance to make you pregnant.

So yes, you have a chance of pregnancy. If the contact has been within the last 72 hours, then I'd suggest you contact your local clinic or Planned Parenthood to get emergency contraception. If not, then you'll need a pregnancy test. They can be accurate 10 days after the unprotected contact or after your first missed period. Get two tests so that you can take one, and then test again in a week to verify it. Or just call Planned Parenthood and they can schedule you to come in for a pregnancy test at the appropriate time. You and your boyfriend will also both need to be tested for STDs now that you've had unprotected genital contact and thus have a risk.

Planned Parenthood is completely confidential, they won't tell anyone anything. However, remember that if you try to use your parents insurance to pay for the visit, it'll show up on their bill (so take cash or a check of your own if that's going to be a problem).

And then you're going to need to invest in some condoms. If you and your boyfriend are going to be sexually active (yes, that means even if you aren't having intercourse), then you need to be responsible if you don't want to end up parents at 15 & 16, or sick with an STD. All sexual activity comes with associated risks, so dry sex isn't "risk free". Please read the articles on the site. There's all kinds of information about how to use condoms and care for your health.

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.