Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Bleeding during sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bleeding during sex
xxxTahsa229xxx
Neophyte
Member # 7674

Icon 11 posted      Profile for xxxTahsa229xxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 17 years old, but i lost my virginity at 15. I am worried because today i had sex and i started bleeding. I don't know why. I had sex Monday and i didn't bleed but today i bled. I think that it is internally bleeding and i am so scared because this has never happened to me before. We used a condom. I am scared to tell my parents about it. Could someone please help me??????
Posts: 3 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*scooting this over to Ask an Advocate*

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because you mentioned that you used a condom (and good for you!) my first guess would be that you didn't use lube - or, if you did, you didn't use enough lube [that is, CONDOM-SAFE lube like KY or Astroglide! no oils or Vaseline!]

Even if the condom says it's lubricated, there's not enough lube on there for the whole sex act. The lube on the condom is usually only just enough to keep the condom from breaking when you put it on. Before putting on the condom, squeeze a couple of drops of lube on the inside, and then before attempting penetration, use as much lube as you need to on the condom-covered penis and around your vaginal area to make sex comfortable.

Of course, if the bleeding continues, or if you did use plenty of lube and are bleeding anyway, make sure to see your doctor about this, okay?

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

"Years ago, I was an angry young man/I'd pretend that I was a billboard/Standing tall by the side of the road/I fell in love with the beautiful highway..."-Talking Heads, "(Nothing but) Flowers"

[This message has been edited by lemming (edited 04-05-2002).]

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.