Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Underwear Question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Underwear Question
Ogakor28
Neophyte
Member # 7648

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Ogakor28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This might sound a bit odd, and, well, I guess it is, but...

Normally my mom (yes, I'm a loser) buys my underwear (I'm a guy, by the way) and she always buys boxers. I was wondering if there was anyway I could tell her I'd prefer boxer briefs without soudning weird. I want to switch because a guy I like (gasp! yes, I'm gay, too) wears them, and plus, I'm pretty active, and I've heard it's better to wear boxer briefs in place of boxers when doing anything physical. Any tips?

Posts: 1 | From: New York, New York, USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm not a guy, but I had a guy friend who agonized for a little while over the opposite choice, and I've had that mom-buying-underwear thing to get over, too, so maybe I can help you out.

The first thing I'd think of to do, and although it doesn't sound like the easiest, it probably is, is just to ask your mom about it - just say something like, "Hey, maybe I could start picking out my underwear from now on?" Not mean, just nice. How old are you? I mean, because at some point we all gotta start buying our own underwear. I don't think you're a loser 'cause your mom buys your underwear - my mom did till I told her I'd really rather pick out my own.

If that's totally out of the question, you could do what I finally resorted to: just buy and wear your own underwear! Then you'll get what you want. ;] I know it's not like groups of girls going to Victoria's Secret, but there's got to be a way you could procure that ever-important undergarment for yourself.

And really, in the big scheme of things, I don't think your mom's going to be too shocked that you are expressing a preference in something that you gotta wear every day. If nothing else, you can tell her that it's a difficult time for you right now, and you could use some support.

Hope I could help!

------------------
~lemming, Scarleteen Advocate

"Years ago, I was an angry young man/I'd pretend that I was a billboard/Standing tall by the side of the road/I fell in love with the beautiful highway..."-Talking Heads, "(Nothing but) Flowers"

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.