Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » Am I physco

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Am I physco
HockeyJock
Neophyte
Member # 7540

Icon 11 posted      Profile for HockeyJock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Recently I visited my little cousin who is like six months old. My sister, 5 cousins and two of my uncles and I went bowling. My little cousin came too. Everything was going fine until I looked at one of my cousins holdong him, and for some reason I invisioned a bowling ball being dropped on his head. It made my sick and feeling dizzy. Then my mind went to another terrible thing after another. It tortured me all the way home (5 hour plane ride)I wanted to know why I thought these thoughts. I felt like puking the thoughts don't happen now unless I purposely try to remember them. Am I crazy?Do I need help? I love that little guy with all my heart and don't want to be around him if i'm ill in the head. Thank you for your time.
Posts: 3 | From: The Beautiful US of A | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzuunmod
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzuunmod     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's pretty normal to think about doing things that you would never really do. It's only when you start to have urges to actually do those things that you might need to look at getting help.

I know you're not talking about a *fantasy* here, but it's the same idea. You probably fantasize about being with different people, when, for one reason or another, those fantasies are out of reach. As long as you understand that you shouldn't actually do the things that you're thinking about, it's fine for those ideas to be in your head.

------------------
I want to break my legs just so I won't forget to be nice to you.
-Moneen

Posts: 1515 | From: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hockey, I think when we love people protectiveness and fear of harm to that person can manifest themselves in odd ways. At some level, you were worried about your cousin, and your mind twisted that into something odd. I doubt anything like this has ever happened to you with a stranger, or someone you don't care about. This is, of course, all speculation on my part, but I hope you can feel a bit better.
Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.