Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » question!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: question!!!
lovnlife
Neophyte
Member # 6855

Icon 5 posted      Profile for lovnlife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
about a month ago i sex and the condom broke, within 24 hours i was able to get to a clinic for EC (plan B), about a week later i got my period,pretty normal maybe a little shorter then normal, im expecting my period in a few days, should i expect it on time, or would the EC have messed it up...also, hving had my period like 2 weeks after intercourse, is there any chance i am pregnant? my breast are tender but that usuallly happens before my period anyway....also what kinds of birhcontrol am i able to get from a clinic (like planned parent hood) without a gaurdian's approval? just the pill? thanks for your help!
Posts: 4 | From: richmond virgina usa | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From this FAQ on ECP:

quote:
In 10-15 percent of women treated, EBC pills alter the length and timing of the next menstrual period, as well as the amount of menstrual flow. The effect is usually minor. Studies suggest that if EBC pills are used frequently, periods may become irregular and unpredictable on a more permanent basis.

If you used the ECP correctly, and it sounds as though you did, your risk of pregnancy should be very low to nonexistant. However, if it would set your mind at ease, you can always take a home pregnancy test. They can be bought at any drugstore, and anyone can buy them.
You should have a wide range of birth control options if you go to a clinic such as Planned Parenthood. If you call your local clinic and explain your situation, they'll be able to tell you they can offer and answer any other questions you may have. You can find PP clinics by going to their website: http://plannedparenthood.com

Kyth

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.