Donate Now

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » NEED GOOD ADVICE!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED GOOD ADVICE!
confused9
Neophyte
Member # 7036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for confused9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I had sex on Sunday, without the use of a condom. It wasn't for more than 10 seconds, and he didn't ejaculate. I am still very worried and I cant stop thinking about it. I called planned parenthood and they advised me that if i was so worried i still have time to take the morning after pill. ( you have 72 hours ) . Imight be overreacting, but i want to be safe and make sure im not pregnant. I am only 18. What do you think I should do. Please reply as many as people as can. I need good advice. Thank you.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First off, if you're still within the 72 hour time window, then GO to Planned Parenthood and get the emergency contraception! Don't stop to take a vote here, because our opinions are all going to be pretty much the same. Emergency contraception is not expensive, and it's a lot easier than dealing with an unwanted pregnancy.

And while you're at Planned Parenthood, you should also get tested for STDs and discuss birth control options. At the very least, you should be using condoms each and every time you have sex, but preferably, you should use a backup form of contraception such as the birth control pill.

And I know you're worried, but posting the same message in multiple forums is absolutely against the guidelines. Please keep that in mind from now on, okay?

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its against our rules and guidlines to post the SAME post twice in two different forums. You posted the same message in Ask A Sexpert. Please do not let it happen again, thank you!

I think that you already did the right thing. You called somewhere to see what you could do. If you want to get the morning after pill tommorow is your last day to get it. So make an appointment and hop to it gurlie!!!!

Check out Whats the Risk~Easy pregnancy risk assessment

Also check out Scarleteen Sex Readiness Checklist

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

Monk N Bear~ Best Friends Forever! ~Luv ya babe!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

“One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Heather Corinna

[This message has been edited by glitter695 (edited 02-19-2002).]

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the guidelines you agreed to when you registered:
quote:
You may not post multiple identical or similar topics in different threads.

Please don't do this again. Also, if you want "as many people as can" to answer your question, then Ask an Advocate and Ask a Sexpert are not the forums for you, and only advocates and sexperts can respond to you in those forums.

Now as to your question:

quote:
If you DID have unprotected penis-in-vagina intercourse but the man DID NOT ejaculate, then you have a MODERATE to HIGH risk of pregnancy. See your health care provider as soon as possible for a pregnancy test/Morning After Pill and an STD screening.

From our handy Risk Assessment Flow Chart.

If you want to be safe and be sure you're not pregnant, I'd give Planned Parenthood another call and set up a time to get an Emergency Contraceptive Pill (ECP), the sooner the better.

Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please remember the guidelines you agreed to when you registered on this site and don't double post questions in more than one section.

Anytime you have any unprotected contact you have a pregnancy risk. It doesn't matter whether or not he ejaculated. Pre-ejaculate contains more than enough sperm to cause a pregnancy (remember, it only takes one sperm and one egg). The length of time of the contact doesn't matter either, 10 seconds or 10 minutes, it still is unprotected sex. If you can get emergency contraception, that would probably be a good idea. You and your partner are also going to both need full STD screens now, as you've had a transmission risk.

Next time, keep in mind that the only 100% certain way not to get pregnant is to abstain. And if you choose to have sex, then condoms and lube (and also a second method such as the pill or some other hormonal method just to be extra careful) are your very best friend and need to be used at all times. As soon as the clothes come off, the condom goes on. Make sure that both you and your partner are educated about the risks of the actions you take and then take the steps to protect yourselves.

Check out these articles:
Ready or Not?
Safe, Sound & Sexy – A Safer Sex How-To
What's The Risk? - Five Easy Risk Assessment Flow Charts
Testing, Testing…
A Simple Condom Primer
A Quickie STD/STI Risk Assessment

------------------
~KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate

There's hair there for a reason!

"Never insult an alligator until after you've crossed the river." ~Oriental Proverb

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Moonlight
Activist
Member # 384

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Lady Moonlight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, a quadruple advocate mind meld!
Posts: 943 | From: Missouri, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goodness gracious, girls!

Mindmeld© all over the place!

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now thats SCARY!!!!!!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

Monk N Bear~ Best Friends Forever! ~Luv ya babe!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

“One ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Heather Corinna

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kythryne
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kythryne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eeeeep! Is this a record in Advocate MindMeld(tm) history?

------------------
Kythryne Aisling
Scarleteen Advocate

"The only unnatural sexual act is that which you cannot perform."
-- Alfred Kinsey

Posts: 1685 | From: New York City | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.