Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » lost & confused

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lost & confused
Wizard_Girl
Neophyte
Member # 5491

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Wizard_Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the links. They helped me out.
I'm not sure if all I said before was a question. It's more a story that leads to what are my risks of getting pregnant? And If
I'm just really stressed and it's causing me to maybe miss my period ? Because last time this happened, like I said I'd get signs of getting my period, then they go away, then come back,(not normal unless I'm worried) but I was extreamly worried. Today
during school I thought I got it, but I didn't.I don't know how to explain it. This seems to only happen when I eat my self up inside. AAhhh!! My period last to maybe 5 days or 6. I'd get it say...Last month I got it Sept.6 till about the 12th. If you do that counting 28 days thing I should have gottin' it around the 3rd or so. But hardly ever is that right, and I end up getting it 6 to 8 days late. When I'm due for my period normaly my back would hurt, my brest would hurt and get slightly larger, my head might hurt, I get really moody ( or really hyper ). Sometimes it's days before I get my period, or sometimes it's a day or two after. It's weird like that.Then after a few days went by this month, my chest hasn't hurt a lot, I get slight back pains, and my head would hurt for a few mins. and I get this funny feeling *down there* like I always get if i'm having my period..and it stops.
This is my problem. The signs you get for being pregnant are normal for me in everyday life.They are also normal for me when i'm due for my period. This scares me because I've been worried for like..3 weeks now (after that sexual encounter). My brest have not been hurting a lot. My back would hurt, then go away shortly. I have feelings of me getting my period..then it goes away shortly after. I'm always hungry, thats just me. I have to pee when ever, how ever many times I eat or drink. I have always had a hard time sleeping so I'm tired alot. I every so often feel sick because of the stupid things I think of ( that sounds stupid, but it's true ) So maybe I'm being to hard on myself? If by the 11th I don't get it, I'm calling Planed Parent Hood...only I lost the number for the one in my area, so I have to go get it again. My mother knows almost everything sexual I've done, so thats not a problem. I told her all this, and she just tells me not to worry, but, I can't help it. Sorry if I belittle you. Or if I did it again. I just don't know where to start. ok, i'll just shut up now. lol
Advice?
Oh, how long after the sexual activity would you start to have signs that your pregnant?
After what I told you now, Do I still have a low chance of being pregnant?(unless I wasn't clear with my explanation ) And I know about the STD's and whatnot, thanks

[This message has been edited by Wizard_Girl (edited 10-09-2001).]

Posts: 5 | From: U.S.A | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off ... We don't care if you're fat. I promise. We can't see you and we're not gonna judge you even if you are ... It doesn't matter. By making sure you state you are or aren't something, you belittle others ... We try not to do that here.

As for your question ... It is possible to get pregnant from doing what you did, but it's not extremely likely. That doesn't mean you're not at risk for STDs and such. It would be a good idea for you both to get tested before you go any further.

It's normal for your periods to be somewhat crazy for the first few years you have it. Charting what PMS symptoms you have, when you get your period, and how long it is can help ... that way if there are any problems later on (such as a pregnancy scare), the problem can be identified easier.

As for your friend ... I guess some people are just lucky. Do you really want to be playing such a risk w/ your health and your future? Something as simple as a birth control pill once a day and a condom each and every time you have sex can ease all your worries.

You may want to read up on some handy dandy articles we just happen to have lying around ... http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/preg_risk.html http://www.scarleteen.com/sexuality/safer.html http://www.scarleteen.com/body/ontherag.html

------------------
--Hollie West
*~Scarleteen Advocate~*

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.