Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » A real crisis/emergency! Help me please!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A real crisis/emergency! Help me please!
SolitaryTear
unregistered

Icon 9 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh god I'm so confused... see... i think i was raped back in january...

we had just gotten through having sex.. i was wearing a lingerie piece and i had been drinking kind of heavily and taking some yellow jackets... i had panties on and i rolled over on my side just so I wouldnt have to see the TV...i fell asleep...

i woke up with him rubbing and feeling on me, everywhere... and he had an erection... i noticed my panties off and a little bit of cum on my leg...i didnt think anything of it. thought maybe he had just gotten some on me by accident earlier.. well.. he then told me that he had to "hit it" but he knew i would be mad so he didnt... it got me to thinking late that night.. and i asked him about it... i asked if he did put it in me.. he said... just a little bit... well.. it kind of made me feel angry... but then he started rubbing on me again and i had sex with him.. with protection...

my question is... was i actually raped???

please help me.. please... i know this is a waste of bandwidth... but this is a real emergency.. please respond

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~.*^*.aMaNDa.*^*.~
An Evanescent Beauty That Will Never Flee

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is "he"? That information is a bit vital, honey.

In all honesty, it is impossible for any third party to guess what happened in an incident, especially if you were so inebriated you don't know, which is why we do not suggest getting that far gone to begin with.

My guess is -- from the information I have -- that it is not likely you were raped. However, the easy answer to this question is to ask whoever "he" is i what happened, though if that wasn't a ppressing issue in January, my guess is that rape is not an issue here.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68232 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa D
Activist
Member # 389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lisa D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, it all sounded a little convuluted to me, but if he said "yes" when you asked him if he put his penis in you without you knowing/without your consent, I would say yes, you Might have been raped. However, I would speak to him, and ask him very directly.

Honestly, I also have to say that this probably could have been avoided if you weren't mixing alcohol and drugs - that is a dangerous game to play.

If you go to the "resources" section at the top of the page, there is a wealth of information about how to find counseling resources in your area. Or, if you prefer, find a trusted adult, such as a teacher or clergyman, you can speak to about how you feel. Also, the "crisis hotline" section at the left has information, as well as some personal perspectives, on rape and abuse.

good luck with whatever you decide to do!

[This message has been edited by Lisa D (edited 08-24-2001).]

Posts: 442 | From: Dublin, OH USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One last note, is that while you may want to seek counsel like Lisa said (and it's nice to just have someone to talk to anyway, but specifically about this), I don't think you'd be able to press charges. I'd guess that it's too late to take legal action, especially considering you were drinking, and especially because it would just be your word against his since it's too late to gather any substancial evidence.

My suggestion to you would be to ask him straight up and decide what you want to do about this. Finding someone to talk to is a great thing, but if it didn't matter to you in Jan, why would it matter now? Be happy with the boyfriend you have now

Brittany

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.