Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » am i a hermaphidite?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: am i a hermaphidite?
sleepingcuty123
Neophyte
Member # 71335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepingcuty123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im so scared...
im 16, and iv been too 2 sexular counselers, because for some reason when i have sex i dont have any plesure. so i experimented, and still none. i went to an OBGYN and they felt me around, and they didnt notes anything wrong, but heres the thing. when i stick my finger in me, there seems to be a little penis almost.... its tords the back, it pretrues out of the left wall, and it feels like a penis, but the long parts not there, just the head, like a mushroom, and the rest is on the other side or something. but its round, smooth, and has the slit in the middle just like a boys..... i have my period ragulary, have nice boobs, and figure.... all i want in life are kids, please telll me this isnt ture. am i a hermaphidight....

--------------------
capri

Posts: 13 | From: california | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blush
Activist
Member # 69019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blush     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sleepingcuty123:
im so scared...
im 16, and iv been too 2 sexular counselers, because for some reason when i have sex i dont have any plesure. so i experimented, and still none. i went to an OBGYN and they felt me around, and they didnt notes anything wrong, but heres the thing. when i stick my finger in me, there seems to be a little penis almost.... its tords the back, it pretrues out of the left wall, and it feels like a penis, but the long parts not there, just the head, like a mushroom, and the rest is on the other side or something. but its round, smooth, and has the slit in the middle just like a boys..... i have my period ragulary, have nice boobs, and figure.... all i want in life are kids, please telll me this isnt ture. am i a hermaphidight....

Is it really really small? If so than I remember reading its normal...I have it and Im not intersexed (hermaphrodite is insulting to those who are intersexed).
Posts: 60 | From: Windy LittleTown | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starfire&Shadows
Activist
Member # 31388

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starfire&Shadows     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you're feeling your cervix? It sticks out of the back part of the vagina (the tube inside) and has a little slit in it.

Here's an article with some pictures:

http://www.scarleteen.com/article/body/anatomy_pink_parts_female_sexual_anatomy

--------------------
We are all made of Star Stuff...
-Carl Sagan

...Their eyes beheld, first of all things, the stars of heaven.
-Silmarillion

Posts: 90 | From: Unknown | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like your cervix. Check out the link Starfire&Shadows provided above.

Please do not double(quadruple!) post, it is against the guidelines you agreed to when you signed up.
User Guidelines

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 870 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, when it comes to intersex conditions, the anatomical structure that can resemble a penis is the clitoris. There are no intersex conditions where a random penis grows at the back of the vagina.

Too, even if you were intersex, that would not necessarily have anything to do with whether and how you experienced pleasure.

Since you've been checked out by a gynecologist and they've found nothing amiss, we'll just rule that out and see what else might be going on here, okay?

You say you don't have any pleasure when you have sex. Can you elaborate on what you mean by sex? Are you talking about intercourse, or other activities? Does nothing work for you, or is there something that does feel good?

When you were having partner sex, was that with someone you felt comfortable with and trusted? Did you feel relaxed and aroused? Do you think you have a good idea of what you like and don't like, and what arousal feels like for you?

Let's start with those questions and see what we get.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9181 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may also find this link helpful: you're not the first person to experience this confusion: http://www.scarleteen.com/article/advice/a_little_penis_inside_my_vagina

quote:
Most likely, it's just your cervix.

The cervix is the end of your uterus, or the beginning, depending on how you look at it, and the cervix and cervical canal jut into the back of the vagina. When you're not highly aroused (arousal usually will pull the cervix further back), you can usually feel it by placing your finger inside, and given that it is a bit tubular, and also has a small opening on the end, it's easy to see why you might think it resembles a penis.

Next time you're at the gynecologist, you can even ask him or her to take out a mirror when they're doing your speculum exam so you can get a look at it: it's a pretty cool thing to do, and will likely clear things up for you.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68053 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepingcuty123
Neophyte
Member # 71335

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepingcuty123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that made me feel so much better you have no idea, when i posted my question last night, i began crying so hard thinking i was going to get this awful news and end up alone. but thank you.
and about the plesure
iv had sex with 3 guys, and one girl. and have been checked for STDs about 2 months ago. im compleatly clear! as lovly as that is, that just crosses out one more option...
iv tryed a million possitions, and i just dont feel any kind of pleasure, i get in the mood, i mean i feel arounsed and horney, but i feel no phisical plesure from a penis or dildo ect... at all.. but heres one more thing. my sister was molested by our step brother when she was 4 and i was 3, when we all went into ttheripy she said she had been molested but didnt know about me. do u think it could have been phisical damage from when i was a kid. if not what could it be

--------------------
capri

Posts: 13 | From: california | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we think what is physical damage? You not experiencing pleasure from certain kinds of sex?

If so, that's doubtful, especially since you don't seem to be saying you have any memories of sexual assault/abuse, but also because the experience of pleasure is only party physical: that's just one piece of the puzzle.

When you say you don't experience any pleasure from sex, do you mean all kinds of sex and physical affection or just one? I assume if and when you have pursued kinds of sex with partners, you were enjoying yourself at some points and experiencing some kinds of pleasure: is that correct or not?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68053 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepingcuty123
Neophyte
Member # 71335

at the top of my vigina, when that played with in anyway i feel plesure, its inside of the vigina i dont. iv had sex with 2 guys and a girl and in all 3 situations, the top felt good but going inside just doesnt feel like anything.
i do become arounsed thats not it, its the inside of the vigina

--------------------
capri

Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most women don't feel much inside the vagina. There are only nerve endings in the first few inches in. The majority of women get the most pleasure from clitoral stimulation. Do you feel pleasure with that?

Check out these articles to better understand your anatomy and sexual pleasure:
Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More
Yield for Pleasure

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 870 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepingcuty123
Neophyte
Member # 71335

At the very top of the vigina, yah, but no where els, is that normal.

--------------------
capri

Heather
Member # 3

Sounds like you could first use some help understanding your anatomy and which parts are which.

Were you able to look at that first link Kat gave you? If you were, you understand that the vagina is an internal body part, yes? A canal that runs from the vaginal opening to the cervix, but which is all inside the body, and doesn't really have a "top" or "bottom?"

It's tough to sort some of these things out when that stuff is confusing. When you say the "top" of the vagina, I can't know what you mean for sure since there isn't one. Looking at that link, can you maybe use a different word to talk about what you mean? For instance, do you mean on or around your external clitoris?

--------------------
About Me • Get our book!

Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you read those links Kat gave you? It's very normal not to feel much with vaginal entry - the vagina itself doesn't have many nerve endings, but the vulva (the outside part of your genitals, which includes the clitoris) has a lot more, so the majority of women find that they get a lot more out of stimulation to the vulva.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5744 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.