Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » What do you call your body parts?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What do you call your body parts?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is primarily a thread for those who are gender noncomforming, who may not, and often don't, call certain parts what others might call them by looking, because they do not identify their gender in alignment with what certain body parts are considered to be per gender/sex.

Sometimes, folks will call their parts those in alignment with their gender, for instance, calling a vulva or clitoris a penis, or calling a penis a cunt/vulva/what have you. But sometimes people also create their own terminology, too, particularly if their gender identity isn't man or woman or otherwise within the binary.

This obviously isn't exclusive, though, to gender noncomforming people. Plenty of people who identify as men or women call their genitals or other body parts words/names of their own design and liking.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68238 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IraSass
Neophyte
Member # 50013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IraSass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm a genderqueer transguy who has been on testosterone for almost six months. i usually call it my ****, my dick, or just my junk.

but i've hears several creative names for transmale genitals, like cockpit, dicklet, boy c*nt, and male slot.

Posts: 9 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IraSass
Neophyte
Member # 50013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IraSass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(the word that got censored was supposed to be c0ck.)
Posts: 9 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.