Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Gender Issues » wannbe boy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wannbe boy
Stacii-Jayd
Neophyte
Member # 31433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacii-Jayd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im a gurl, and i'm 14...and i would give life to be a boy!
i went through that phase since i was goodness knows, a lil tiny person to when i was about 11 being a tom-boy, playing football ya know boy stuff..then that all changed when i went to secondary skool, i worked out i couldn't really be like that no more..i'm now in year 9, and now i'm fed up with trying to be so gurly all the time, don't get me wrong i like wearing eyeliner..but eyeliner looks so good at emo boys.
plus i'm more of a wannbe boy then ever after i went on a skool trip few weeks ago and a bunch of gurls thought i was an emo boy..and one of them thought i was hot (obv i didn't say i was a gurl, she was dead pretty..oh btw, i'm bisexual)
i mean i try to dress boy anyway with a bit of makeup and you get people who like 'is that a gurl or a boy" and i smile and i don't mind being called a boy.
but i want to change and be a boy for sure. but my boyfriend said i'm just mad, and i'm proberly just going through what i went through before....
i'm so confussed any advice would be a great help to me!!

--------------------
''i'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exsits. i'm not a slave to the world that doesn't give a s****''-Marilyn Manson

Posts: 35 | From: UK, Lincolnshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just FYI?

Some of what you're describing here isn't about being a boy, but about having a gender identity as a woman that just isn't femme or very traditional. LOTS of women enjoy sports, lots of women don't like to dress "girly," and lots of women's gender presentation and identity isn't traditional or high femme.

You don't HAVE to present that way, or take on that role. Lots of us don't.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And some of what you're describing...is exactly what I'm playing with at the moment. I'm in my fourth year of college now, and I'm playing with the whole gender presentation thing. I've been dressing in suits, wearing white dress shirts and vests, and, most recently, I've cut my hair very short. I personally got fed up with being recognized as "that hot chick from the bar", instead of just ME. Gender, sexuality..they're all so fluid in my head. I don't "feel", or act, or even quite understand male or female beyond a basic biological standpoint right now.

Much of this was brought into focus by talking to a transgendered friend who kind of initiated some of these conversations, and remarked that we were more alike than expected.

Just know that you're not the only person playing with society's expectations and ideas about gender.

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've been dressing in suits, wearing white dress shirts and vests, and, most recently, I've cut my hair very short.
You're me as I was in the 80's (and not far from me now, really)! [Smile] Happy nostalgia....

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me • Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria319
Activist
Member # 19692

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria319     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Heather:
quote:
I've been dressing in suits, wearing white dress shirts and vests, and, most recently, I've cut my hair very short.
You're me as I was in the 80's (and not far from me now, really)! [Smile] Happy nostalgia....
Kinda makes me happy to know someone else shares my quirky fashion sense ^_^

--------------------
"You owe me two lifetimes and a pair of perfect blue eyes."

Posts: 407 | From: Georgia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacii-Jayd
Neophyte
Member # 31433

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacii-Jayd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
daria319, i've done pretty much the same as you too, i cut my hiar from which i couuld nearly sit on the above my neck..and my i want to get it cut even shorter!
the most annoying thing is..i can't wear guy's clothes..my hips are like HUGE. it's deadly annoying, so i just wear really baggy skater jeans or something along them lines. i'm ok on top half, i'm kinda small, so easily hidden [Smile]

--------------------
''i'm not a slave to a god that doesn't exsits. i'm not a slave to the world that doesn't give a s****''-Marilyn Manson

Posts: 35 | From: UK, Lincolnshire | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.