Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Stress, depression, and sleep

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stress, depression, and sleep
RoxyGurl16
Activist
Member # 18792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RoxyGurl16     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usually have a regular sleep schedule. i get up for classes somedays and then go to work, or get up early in general to go out and do something. Before I started classes I used to sleep alot, Id get up around noon, then go back to sleep waking up feeling gross and having a headache. Then I'd go to work

Recently I've had alot of financial stress and stress with my parents and just normal everyday thoughts and worries. I dont know if I'm depressed because Im feeling kind of down. But I wake up for school, come home....then take a nap. I wake up 2 hours later, then maybe nap agian. Is this a normal cause from stress and depression?

--------------------
~*MeLiSsA*~

Posts: 45 | From: fernandina Beach, Florida, US | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
acs79
Activist
Member # 33994

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acs79     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely. My depression gives me insomnia, but my husband's makes him sleep all day, all night, and any other possible time. Both my brother and my sister are the same way. Stress and/or depression can make you exhausted, both physically and emotionally (which makes you more tired physically).
Posts: 47 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.