Donate Now

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » 4 Diff questions; headaches,shaving,hair,& back!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 4 Diff questions; headaches,shaving,hair,& back!
Faeresa
Neophyte
Member # 13184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faeresa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay First: headaches or migranes(whats the diff?), not sure what to call them, so Ill call them headaches:

A lot of times (when Im coming down sick *note that I have really BAD allergies) I have gotten these headaches..they are really bad throbbing ones..they will be there for about 8 to 10 seconds, then go away about 5 to 8 seconds, come back 8 to 10, go away, come back, etc etc.. Could this be a problem? my doc's know about my headaches like this, but they never said anything bad came outa it! What choo think?

Two: Shaving. I absolutely hate all that hair, so I have shaved a few times.. but I when I shave, all I have left is a bunch of irritable bumps. Is it possible for an easier method of coming about this without the bumps and itching afterwards? I use lots of shaving cream and afterwards moisterizing cream..

Three: Bleaching Hair. I want to bleach my hair, then dye it blonde *cause I want it blonde, not orange! haha* , and do some funky stuff with streaky black..but my question is, Ive heard that if you bleach your hair, you have to continue doing so regularly.. is this true?

Four: My Back. Im sixteen years old, I exercise,I dance and am in colorguard! But I have back problems.. for instance: if I lean down to get something, like without bringing my full body down, when I stand back up my back reeeally hurts, or like if ive been standing/sitting straight, when I go to bed, it hurts to lie down straight..my back just plain hurts..Its mostly in my lower/mid back! What the heck??

------------------
Fae
"Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit!"

Posts: 8 | From: Rogers County, OKLA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The1andonlyAmber
Activist
Member # 12779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The1andonlyAmber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Faeresa:

Two: Shaving. I absolutely hate all that hair, so I have shaved a few times.. but I when I shave, all I have left is a bunch of irritable bumps. Is it possible for an easier method of coming about this without the bumps and itching afterwards? I use lots of shaving cream and afterwards moisterizing cream..

Those creams that I can't spell, "deliportary" excuse my spelling but They shouldn't leave you with any bumps. Then theres waxing or NADS.
Nads is this green goo stuff like wax but it's all natural, it's from Australia, I use it and it's quite good. they have a website, but I don't know the address!

quote:
Originally posted by Faeresa:

Four: My Back. Im sixteen years old, I exercise,I dance and am in colorguard! But I have back problems.. for instance: if I lean down to get something, like without bringing my full body down, when I stand back up my back reeeally hurts, or like if ive been standing/sitting straight, when I go to bed, it hurts to lie down straight..my back just plain hurts..Its mostly in my lower/mid back! What the heck??

Girls can somtimes suffer back problems due to their breasts, my Boyfriends Dad is a chiropractor, so my boyfriend is all ways on at me.
You say you exercise and Dance, do you wear a sports bra with the proper support level?
thats all i can think of!

------------------
Why is it that the person that makes you cry, is the only one who can make you stop.

Posts: 51 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On hair bleaching: you'll have to bleach your roots regularly, yes. depending on how fast your hair grows and how picky you are about it, anywhere from a few weeks to a month or two between root bleachings. however, it's a really really bad idea to re-bleach parts of your hair that have already been bleached once, because it'll just destroy your hair. if you want it to be the original bleach color again (after you've bleached it once and dyed it), try color stripper or toner. bleach is nasty stuff.
Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While it's true that bleach is nasty stuff, stripper can be and often is just as bad or worse. I have very fine straight hair, which is a bad combination to mix with over bleaching, which i did all last summer. Tons of my hair broke off at the roots and it became greasy and just awful looking. If you're going to bleach, do it once to get the colour you want, and to continue with your roots, I'd recommend waiting 6-8 weeks before dying them again.

You could also call up a company that sells hair dyes and ask them about their products, and it's not a bad idea to call a hair dresser and ask their opinion as well.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.