Donate Now

my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » READ-ONLY ARCHIVE » General Health & Nutrition » Are you what you eat?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are you what you eat?
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So folks, what are you putting into that body every day, anyway?

Does the food you eat make you feel healthy, or is it a problem? Are you satisifed with your eating habits? Is eating pleasurable, or not?

And if you're trying to change your eating habits to something more healthful and you're still living with your parents, are you able to work out dietary changes, or is it a struggle?

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 67994 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My eating habits fluctuate depending on my moods. When I'm happy and feeling good about myself, I eat very healthfully. When I am depressed and hate myself, I see my body as an easy way to punish myself, so I eat unhealthfully(without quite binging) and purge after eating, up to five times a day. I actually haven't done that in a long time, almost a month (long time for me).

I've been a vegetarian for seven years, and that has always been a battle with my parents. They begrudgingly got over it when I was around twelve. When I announced last year that I wanted to go vegan, my parents absolutely freaked out and threatened to kick me out of the house if I did that. They had some weird ideas that I was just being difficult to bother them, and I didn't want to eat what was in their house, so I should go fend for myself and eat whatever I wanted. I think they were bluffing, but I ended up not testing it.

When I'm in a good mood, I love eating. I have a great fondness for fruits and vegetables, especially salad. For a little while I was flirting with this guy who worked at a restaurant in my neighborhood with amazing salad. I got unlimited free salad for weeks, it was incredible.

I also eat healthier when I am active. If I am doing karate and walking everywhere on a regular basis, I eat well so I have energy. I feel really good when I eat healthy and am active . . . it just makes me feel at home in my body. I hate when I go into depressed slumps where I'm completely inactive and eat fast food a lot. I've actually recently decided that I will simply not eat fast food anymore. It's disgusting, full of gross chemicals, and makes me feel yucky. It helps that I recently found out that McDonalds french fries are in fact not vegetarian. There's not much other fast food that I used to eat anyway. But anyway, here I am blabbering on about nutrition, and it's 3 p.m. and I haven't had lunch yet. I think I'll go get a super yummy vegetarian buritto from Baja Grill. It has pinto beans, rice, guacamole, lettuce, tomatoes, spinach, and salsa. Yum! Yum! Yum!

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CallMeBuffChick
Activist
Member # 2101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CallMeBuffChick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Am I big bowl of Mac-n-Cheese

I'm not much of a healthy food eatter. I eat lots of fruits in the monring, prefably Fruit Loops

I eat alot of pastas too, and the only person who has a problem with the way I eat is my dad, Mr. Fittness. I swear anything I put in my mouth I hear him go,'Don't eat to much of that. You're gonna get fat'

------------------
Every time someone says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' one falls over dead.

Posts: 433 | From: Wichita, Ks | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some days I eat healthy, and some days I eat not so healthy. I guess it depends if I am near my period or not.

I usually eat a lot more when its around my *friend* time. When its not near, I just eat when I am hungry. My boyfriend says I eat like a bird. But whatever.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh wow ... I'm anything from a blueberry bagel w/ lowfat strawberry creamcheese to a double quarter pounder w/ cheese from macdonalds!

My periods and moods change a lot of it. I'll eat a lot of chocolate and sweet stuff the week before my period. When i'm in a bad mood i'll either eat a lot of one certain thing (good or bad, but it's bad when you eat a lot) or not eat anything at all (also not suggested lol). When i'm relatively happy my diet is usually pretty normal. A bagel and butter in the morning, a turkey sandwich and can of apple juice for lunch, and a plate of tuna casserole and garlic bread for dinner. I might eat something like cereal before bed but that doesn't happen often, only if i've been really active during the day and that's rare (i'm lazy, what can i say).

------------------
When mom found my diaphram, I told her it was a bathing cap for my cat.
~ Liz Winston

In a Smurf's world ...

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm pretty well nourished for a person with "college student" eating habits. i admit, my most evil vice is a bucket of french fries and a cold soda. but i often remind myself: carrots, not candy bars. and thanks to the culinary talents of my boy, he can make veggies somewhat ... edible! tonight's dinner is rice, corn on the cob, chicken sausage and cauliflower. possibly some foccacia bread with parmesan cheese. okay, so i'm a starch fiend.

i also discovered gourmet sodas sweetened with honey or not sweetened at all. tasty, but they're not exactly healthy. at least it's less high fructose corn syrup in my diet.

------------------
i use angst

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you know that I never ever had a Big Mac, or a Whopper from McDonalds or BK? Everyone thinks that I'm crazy, but they are so gross. Plus 56 grams of fat. No thank you. You eat one of those that is your calorie and fat intake for the whole day!!

My boyfriend also thinks that I'm turning vegetarian, but I'm not. I just stopped eating meat more than I used to. But I still can't live without a peice of steak every once and awhile.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Only In Dreams
Activist
Member # 3661

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Only In Dreams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a plate of pasta! I love Italian food! Or maybe I'm a bowl of ice cream. There's this one kind of ice cream that Danny and I love, called Moose Tracks. It's vanilla ice cream with fudge and peanut butter cups. Yuuuuuum.

Another thing I love: peanut butter cups!

------------------
"Only in dreams
We see what it means
Reach out our hands
Hold on to hers
But when we wake
It's all been erased
And so it seems
Only in dreams..."
-Weezer

"Wow, someone slept in sex ed!"

Posts: 268 | From: Somewhere | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been getting more conscious of the food I eat and *cough* you are very responsible for that Heather.

I used to be a huge meat eater and I never touched vegetables. Vegetables were evil to me and while I enjoyed fruits, let's just say I would pick a tub of ice cream over an apple any day.

But now, I am starting to include more vegetables in my diet, especially tofu and mushrooms. Instead of reaching for my bar of Cadbury chocolate, I grab an apple or a banana instead. While I haven't seen any obvious changes in my health, I think i probably will in the long run. But I certainly feel healthy.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Starry Night
Activist
Member # 3476

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Starry Night     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a giant chocolate chip cookie. The butter cookie type with the huge, oversized chips on top. Yum.

I generally eat pretty healthfully, but I love starchy foods like smashed potatoes, yummy bread, and all tea cookies and flourless chocolate cake. Not regular cake though. My tummy is thankful for that.

I have to say that I'm worried about going to college in August and eating correctly. I have a feeling I'll be living at the gym to work off late night munchies.

Posts: 164 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoetgirlNY
Activist
Member # 168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoetgirlNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I drink way too much soda. It think that is the only current thing in my diet that I would like to change but have a hard time with. I really don't like just plain water unless I'm excersizing. I use regular Coke for my daily morning caffeine fix because I don't like coffee and I don't have enough time to sleep as much as I need to. But now that school is over, I'm sleeping twelve hours a night to catch up. In a couple of days I'll probably be back to a reasonable amount of sleep, and the nice thing about the summer is that I have no need to artificially wake myself up. If I'm tired, I can rest. School can be so unhealthy . . . thank god there's a health food store across the street from my school. That way instead of skipping meals altogether when I have too much homework to do, I'm able to eat a Balance bar while I work.

------------------
Limes Are Sublime

Posts: 1101 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a big ol' fruit

I eat so much fruit. Watermelon, strawberries, apples... yum, yum. Fruit.

And pasta. Lordy, do I ever eat the pasta My favorite would have to be plain, long, whole-wheat pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and golden raisins.

I used to eat a lot of processed meats (hotdogs, cold cuts, etc) and prepackaged dinners, but it all got a little too salty for my taste. And I used to eat out of sheer boredom, but I had to stop that when Evan was born. Babies get their eating habits from watching their parents, and I don't want him to grow up like I did, controlled by food. Obsessed with it. It was bad.

He is, by the way, a vegetarian. There's just something about that pureed meat... *shudder*

------------------
"I stayed up all night playing poker with tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died."

Out of my Head.

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaffer
Activist
Member # 2105

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaffer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a peanut butter and pizza pancake.

I don't have the healthiest diet, but not eating meat or fast food gives me an advantage on this whole daily nutrition thing. I make sure I get what I need to be healthy and I stay in shape by doing yoga, gymnastics, diving, and running, so all that fatty stuff in the peanut butter and pizza gets toasted for energy. I do need to eat more fruit though. Then I can say I'm a fruit, hehe. Ahhh, what society has done to the meaning of the word fruit.

Posts: 356 | From: Phoenix--name that plurally | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie69
Activist
Member # 406

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pixie69     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm eating a lot better now that school's out. Usually I'd just have orange juice and candy, or a bagel or a muffin, and now that I'm home I have a healthier choice. I'm not happy with what I eat or how I eat it. The biggest problem is my family. My mom is constantly dieting, yet always has chips, cookies, candy, pudding, jello, cake, turnovers, or a variety of other junkfoods around. So I'll just grab a package of something and sit in front of the computer and two hours it's all gone and I have no idea where it all went! Also, I don't really like red meat, but my parents aren't to nice about accomidating us kids so we're expected to eat whatever they cook or get it ourselves, and we're always having something with hamburger or steak or beef in it, and I'm just too tired/lazy to cook my own meal.

And I know that I can eat healthily, when I spent six weeks with my uncle I only had red meat once, I only had a coke when we went out to a restaurant, and most of the time I just had pasta, chicken, fish, or fruit. I know when I live on my own it'll all get better. Only three years away, ehh?

------------------
Brittany
Scarleteen Advocate

This person is a natural product. The slight variations in color and texture enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Posts: 1339 | From: Las Vegas, NV, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the weekend, I am the five main food groups: Pizza, popcorn, chocolate, chips and coke. On weekday's I'm the other five food groups- you know, the sensible ones- meat, dairy, fruit/veg, cabohydrates and the other one. Although I have to admit that I could probably eat a few more veggies.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I would have to be a small tetra-pak chocolate milk packet eheh I'm always drinking those when I am at home, even when I'm hungry I'll have one instead of eating something... Other than that, I like anything light, don't really like cooked vegetables, but I like cold salads, carrots and stuff I've noticed I've been eating less and less meat over the years, and I actually preffer fish to meat itself, and before I didn't even like fish! Apart from that I love italian food, a good bawl of cereals and cold milk, chocolate and the odd double-cheeseburger from McDonald's, but it's been a while since I've been to one

Although my post about food is actually long, my parents are always after me to get me to eat meals properly, as I tend to eat anything in between meals (usually not so healthy stuff, such as snacks or something) hehe

------------------
~Sallynha

ICQ #120172535

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AshleyInABottle
Activist
Member # 1029

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AshleyInABottle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When it comes to my breakfast or lunch, I believe that what I am eating is pretty healthy (now, whether it be enough for my body is another question). But I really do wish that my mom would make more healthier dinners..she's all about the butter! LOL!

------------------
"I do what my rice krispies tell me to do"

Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ashley, why not suggest to your mother that she switch to olive oil? i made the switch, and oh baby, those stir fried veggies are great! i even put olive oil on my toast now instead of margarine.

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a chip butty and cheese.
They get me through the day.
Generally, my eating habits are OK, at least when you compare them to a lot of my friends. I eat a lot of tofu and soya, but the tendency with being the only veggie in a dedicated carnivore family is to eat a lot of ready meals. They taste nice, but they are quite high in fat.
I also eat an awful lot of sweets and chocolate. The problem is that whilst most people stop after a certain amount because they are scared of putting on weight, I just don't. It's a bad thing really, I don't do any exercise and I eat an awful lot of fat but I don't put on weight so I don't have the obivious (but also dangerous-I know) reason to stop.
Maybe, no, definitely, it will catch up with me when I'm older but I am trying to be healthier now.

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I wrote that just before I rushed off to school for my French exam and we had to write an essay in French about the things we eat and how healthy we are. Merci beaucoup!
Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are what you eat, then I am a ciabatta bread with tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, balsamico and a little olive oil and a pot of natural Strawberry Yoghurt.

I try to eat healthily, which really isn't easy on a low budget. I am not a terribly great fan of Fast Food (the only exception are Chicken Supremes from Burger King, but thankfully, there is no Burger King downtown, and I am not addicted enough to drive to the drive in at the Autobahn) and I stay away from pre-prepared food as often as possible, which is good - I don't have the money, in the first place and fast food makes me feel icky. I completely avoid the Uni cafeteria, their food makes me sick, really, even though it's not too expensive it is too fatty, tasteless, icky. - And it's just not worth to spend money on food I hate and that makes me feel bad.
I was an extremely picky eater as a kid and adolescent and am just teaching myself about new fruits and veggies and all, and that really takes some time for me. I still have some things that I really can't eat at all. or only when I have prepared them myself in exactly the way that I like it. But I have improved big time ever since I moved out of home and could explore without pressure.

I try to cook everything myself (i.e. no prepared Pasta Sauces and all, I saw a film on how that stuff is made, and that got me off it, seriously), but being on a low budget, I way too often find myself in a food rut, really, eating very similar meals most of the time, very heavy loaded on carbs and not with enough proteins. I know I should eat more veggies and fruit, too, but too often I don't manage to get to the market (the good open air one in my city) where you get the good stuff. In addition, I suffer from big time recipe boredom and never come up with good new things. I should prolly get back into my cookbooks, but really, trying new things just for myself is kinda...boring.

My general note about food is: Better less and better. At the market, I mainly buy things from one of the local eco-friendly farmers. Same goes with meat.
I don't eat any meat except poultry and occasionally fish (yum, yum, salmon!). I was never a big meat eater, and it has gotten less and less over the past few years. Since November last year, I have not touched any bit of beef because of Mad Cow Disease. A few weeks later, I stopped having pork, too, and any kind of meat product that has been handled with machines. I saw a report how cheap cold cuts are made, and that got me off it, too. The sheer knowledge that bits of bone regularly end up in mechanically processed meats makes me want to puke. If I buy meat (i.e. chicken or turkey) these days, I buy it from an eco-friendly butcher right here, and not from the supermarket. I want to know that if I eat meat, the animal has been raised at least sort of okay, fed well, wasn't transported throughout Europe first and killed quickly.
So as a consequence, the meat that I buy is expensive, so I have little meat. Maybe twice a month, if at all.

I should definitely eat more proteins, but unfortunately, beans really aren't my thing and tofu just seems too bland sometimes (anyone a cool recipe?).

At least I try to get good carbs from decent whole wheat breads and have good dairy products. At least something, I reckon.

My worst habit is Diet Pepsi. I have WAY too much of that and know I rob my body of calcium and all. But that habit is really hard to kick and all my tries of having cool herbal tea instead have failed. Completely. In addition, I do dig into choc way too often. At the moment, I have this unhealthy obsession with Brandt Mini Choc rusks. Oy. But at least I didn't buy any today.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
today, i am a walking block of tofu. uggh...

------------------
If the shoe fits, it's probably your size.

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woo-hoo! Spice Vietnamese chicken with crunchy corn and white rice.

But yea, I try to eat as healthy as I can. For lunch at school I bring a sandwich (or atleast bread mmyes), yogurt, granola, water, and fruit.

For breakfast I always have cereal (honey nut cheerios! or kelloggs with red berries mMm!) and for dinner it's usually not as healthy. 6 months later my Dad and I are still adjusting to making our own meals, hehe.

------------------
Deegsy
ST advocate

"One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams."
-E. V. Lucas

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am diet coke and dry cereal.

anyone who says they drink too much diet coke doesn't know my 5 cans a day addiction.
i also tend to eay alot of dry cereal, which is better than say, a bag of chips, but not exactly the healthiest thing in the world.

admittedly, i'm a carboholic.

------------------
"Everybody thinks i'm such a horrible person, but i have the heart of a little boy. In a jar. On my desk." -Stephen King

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heder
Activist
Member # 3532

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Heder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mmmm, chocolate. need i say more?

------------------
I think this boy's cheese slid off his cracker - The Green Mile

Posts: 49 | From: winnipeg,mb,canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While it is all very well for people to rattle off what they are (fries, candy etc), have you thought any further of it? I doubt Miz S was asking this just to poll people's eating habits, but rather, as a means of prompting people to examine their eating habits more closely.

On the wall of my chiropractors office is a poster that reads

If the spine was on the face, we'd take better care of it

So, if you ARE what you eat, would you be embarassed? Would you be embarassed to be a huge, walking, talking Quarter Pounder with Cheese?

If you would be, then what could you do to change it? Could you start eating more healthfully, and change to a better image?

And, ironically, in a way we do publically display what we eat. Often people with a healthy diet simply exude energy and wellbeing.

So to phrase the question another way, what do you exude? And are you happy with that?

Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whipped Cream and Meat Loaf! Er, oops, that's what I'm listening to.

I'd say I exude eccentricity. And I'm fine with that.

------------------
Milke, SSBD, RATS

Why don't you find out for yourself?
Then you'll see the glass hidden in the grass

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as intake goes, whatever is cheap and non-toxic will do for me. I've not got the money to be able to be all that choosy. If you do, more power to you, but for those of us who don't...it's Top Ramen and whatever other simple things can be found on sale.

Am I ashamed? Hell no. I know better than to eat rat poison, and I don't need some nutritionist wagging her finger at me telling me to put down the Oreo cookie. I don't overeat, I don't overdrink, I don't do red meat three times a day. All work and no play might make you a dull boy, but all things in moderation makes you a healthy one.

And as such, I exude sheer irreverence. Pass the Quarter Pounder with Cheese, would ya?

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three"

"Battery Stolen; Youth Charged"

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandywood
Neophyte
Member # 10611

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Brandywood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*nods, and passes the Quarter Pounder over to BruinDan* Here I have extra!

LOL BruinDan said practically exactly what I was going to say. No need for me to say anything more. I like the way I eat, and I have no adverse health issues because of it so to each there own, right?

*Micah

------------------
"If you see this man, slap him hard. Several times. Call some friends. Have them slap him too. Make a party of it. By all means, don't date him, whatever you do."

Posts: 1 | From: Tacoma, Washington, US | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BruinDan:
I know better than to eat rat poison, and I don't need some nutritionist wagging her finger at me telling me to put down the Oreo cookie...

Uh uh. It wasn't meant to come off like a lecture. Just meant to prompt people into maybe thinking a little about what they eat, not just stating it here, for the sake of ... well I don't know. Posterity perhaps??

Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blond ambition
Activist
Member # 9051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blond ambition     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes i think i am a overweight person trapped inside a thin girls body. I am 18, 5 4 in height and weigh around 98. Ive always been a lightweight since i was a little girl. When im faced with a lot of good food (not nessasarily good as in healthy)...i feel ive been deprived, like ive been starving inside. Or when im hungry, ill develop big cravings,and i will want to eat, and i mean eat! like i havent had a good meal in ages. I still live with my parents, and an older brother and sister, and theres not always food ready and available in the kitchen,or im not able to go in search for a healthy fruit fix. At times when my mother doesnt want to cook, ill treat myself out to eat. I guess sometimes i feel i dont get enough, the only real meal i ever have in a day is dinner. I dont know. I remeber a time when i wanted to gain weight, but it is as hard for me to gain weight as it is for some to lose it.
My favorite food is chinese, my second is mexican, even though its the same ingredents prepared diffrent ways...but i can always fill up on that.

[This message has been edited by blond ambition (edited 12-17-2002).]

[This message has been edited by blond ambition (edited 12-17-2002).]

Posts: 351 | From: US | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
youcancallmepunk
Activist
Member # 11139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for youcancallmepunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what I would be if I were "I am what I eat."

I eat so irregulary that some times I go days with out an actual meal. Being in a family of 8 with various schedules there never is a real meal on hand, and I just grab what i can (usually top ramen, grilled cheese, or breakfast for dinner.) The only time I get a real meal is when I'm willing to convince my sister to go out to dinner with me (and that isn't healthy, I eat over portioned sizes, making up for what I didn't eat that week.)

Oh, I know what I would be, I would soooo be Dr. Pepper or Pepsi, I live off that stuff. I've never been a real water drinker, though I love flavored water (but no one ever buys any.) Plus I NEED a caffiene fix when I wake up or else my sorry rear-end will be dragging for the rest of the day.

Though my appeatite is more then unhealthy, I'm content with it. But when I do have healthy goodies on hand, I will eat them first, so ::shrugs::

Posts: 197 | From: north carolina, United States | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OmnipotentLover
Neophyte
Member # 10626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OmnipotentLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'd be a bowl of spaghetti, or a platter of lasagna. i *heart* itallian food. just like i love itallian men! lol jk jk. but mm..yes..itallian foood. mexican is pretty darn yummy, too. im okay with my eating habbits...i've been skipping meals lately...lunch mostly. i don't mean to...im just not hungry then. i do get my regular intake of fruits and veggies. and meat. im an "okay" eater. im not exuberently healthy of an eater, nor am i a "big mac and coke" kind of girl either. sure i'll eat fast food....but i dont enjoy it. give me pasta any day.

------------------
what if my star is not to come? will my dreams fade to nothing? when the horizon darkens most...we all need to believe there is hope!!

Posts: 33 | From: A place where dreams end | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.