Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Olive =) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Olive =)
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been a while since I posted in my own thread. I'm just going to give an update on my life. On Friday I was with this guy and we hooked up, now he's kinda like a boyfriend. He is 16 (good age for me), blue eyes! score! So he ended up walking me home on Friday around midnight cuse he lives a few houses away from me.

Anyway, yesterday I walked down town when I was bored as heck looking for people but nobody was out, so I went and looked for a job. I turned in an application for a mexican restuarant and the manager seemed pretty eager for me to work there. He's going to call me tomorrow and tell me if I got it or not (I'm pretty sure I will). This will be my first job! I'm so excited because I want my own spending money! And it will just in time, well a little bit later, to change my belly button ring. *cool*

Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the job! woohoo. I'm going in there on Thursday @4 to start training and fill out paperwork. This is my first job, how exciting. And about that boy...He basically told me to ask him out, so I think I'll make it official tomorrow when i see him .

Anyway, I went to the doctor today because I've been sick. He decided not to put me on birth control to regulate my period. Then I went to a lab and got a blood and urine test.

Posts: 338 | From: Livermore, CA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zanney
Activist
Member # 8696

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Zanney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Olive:
I got the job! woohoo.

Congratulations, Olive! Welcome to the wonderful world of working...

Oh, and I hope you get better too.

Rose-Anne

Posts: 419 | From: Tivoli | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

I just got off...well around 38 minutes ago. Im kinda tired and more since I also had to swim today. I worked from 4-8, and I'm going to work the next day. I just cashier, may clean the windows or wipe the tables when there are no costumers. Its pretty easy, and I get free food while im working.

Anyway, I think this is my 200th post.

Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Well I'll never see that boy again..hes in juvy for 4 years. Im back to liking Jason, I swear everytime i see him i realize why i liked him in the first place. He makes me feel so good even when i just think of him...I get this light feeling and butterflies in my stomach. I don't want to screw up and never get to be with him...or try to be with him and have it ruin something( but i dont think thats possible). I have never liked anyone this long or deeply. This is an actual guy who I could tell my mom about(well i already have) and who I wouldnt be ashamed to bring home, hes such a sweetheart, and hes soooo cute. I better stop cuse i could go on forever.
I was called into work today but I had to tell my manager I was too busy, which wasnt a lie because I had to clean my room and do 3 different types of homework. Well Im gonna go talk to you later

Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

I got laid off from my job today. Not too big of a loss.
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about that, Olive! Don't worry, there'll be other job comin' your way.
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Yeah I know . I actually take it as a good oppurtunity. I now have experience and a good reference; I have more choices.
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Something I haven't posted here yet was: I have braces now...have had them for a while now.
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

REcently I have had to deal w/ a guy who all I want is him to leave me alone. He irratates me soooo bad, hes so disrespectful and thinks he came pretty much have me. No way!

My mom also went away a week ago for 2 nights and I thought it was a good experience for me because it expanded my responsibility. Some more responsibility is passing drivers ed by missing 2 out of 40 on the final test. Today I just finished 2 of my classed Algebra and History. I got my history final back with an A .

For my history final we went on a time travel "pack your bag" where we bring something that would help in the to eras. For the "today and future" I brought a "healthy body cookbook" (for nutrition purposes) and a safer sex kit. I probably enjoyed those items the most because they would be the most useful.

Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Im going to be another big sister (for the third time).

I also have 4 classes in school now instead of the required 3. And On February 5th I'm getting my drivers permit! woo hoo

[This message has been edited by Olive (edited 01-31-2003).]

Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey girl!
I saw your post in my thread this morning after my typology of lit class, and of course I came immediately to your thread
I must say that I truly believe you'll achieve your dreams, if you fight for them, and it looks like you are doing pretty good at it! Straight A's? That's really awesome!
Keep up the good work!

Leni

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Sadly, my grades are no longer straight A. Out of 4 classes I only have 2 A's. Biology is difficult but I'm really trying. Thank you for replying in my thread. It helps when somebody has faith in you.
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Olive, don't lose hope. school can be tough, and when there's competition, that can really be a challenge. But do your best and never cop out (admissions officers don't take kindly to cowards who drop hard classes).

and hey, if you ever need help with your bio homework, feel free to drop me a line in my VP thread, or email me (my email is available in the Body & Soul forum).

------------------
Universal Law #4721: Any joke can be made funnier with the word "goatf**ker." Corollary, any story can be made more entertaining by adding a few ninjas.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leni
Activist
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Biology. . .
Hmm. . . I remember when I first started with bio at school. . . I was in 7th grade, it was in German, and I didn't get a word of what the teacher was talking about. . . so in the first exam I had an incredible 40% by rule (40 by rule means that even if you actually got lower than 40, something like just writing your name, it's always 40, and it basically is flunking, as you pass with 60%) which was actually a 37,5%. . . then. . . to my great improvement (yeah, right) I got 58%. . . so my first semester was terrible. In the second semester, however, it kind of improved and I got in the first exam a 73& and in the second exam an 82%!!! Then, in 10th grade, bio was much better So, no worries about bio, it's tricky at the beginning, but just keep on believing in yourself, and you'll see those A's back
Love,
Leni

------------------
dive into shine, even a deep darkness changes into shine, because i am believing the moment

Posts: 114 | From: El Salvador, but living in London :) | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Yes, Leni it is difficult at first. I figured the worst thing I could do in that class was not try. So I've been doing my homework, turning in my labs, Ive even got an A on a couple of things Ive done.

Yesterday I had oral surgery, I had 6 teeth pulled. It was the first time I'd ever had an IV, first time I'd been knocked out. I woke up with gauze in my mouth, so I took it out, the nurse wasnt too happy about that. It was irratating me though, my mom couldnt understand me and it was sticking to my braces. My cheeks (mostly my left side) has swelled up to the point I look like a chipmunk. I was in so much pain I just couldnt stop crying, until i came home and got on my pain killers. Im keeping ice on it also hoping the swelling will go down.

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, this may seem silly, but when I had my teeth yanked my father brought home some frozen peas. I thought he was nuts, but it turns out that the peas conform perfectly to your cheeks. It's like having pliable ice, basically, and is a good way to keep the swelling down. If it's not too late, it might be worth trying. Good luck, and hope you feel better!

------------------
BruinDan, "Number Three," PBOM

Beware the naked man who offereth you his pants.

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

Towards the beginning of this year I had been seeing a boy. Ever up untillast thursday we had been seeing each other. When he told me we should stop seeing each other I took it and understood why. It hurt a lot though, it still hurts partially. I miss being with him, he was "my baby". We agreed to be friends and still hang out. I've wanted to call him so bad, especially yesterday. I decided to give him space and time, and also give it to myself. Im so used to being his lady that it would be strange to see him this soon after our break up.
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

..well my life is fitting back together lately. I have an A, yes a A in biology!! Me and my boyfriend got back together last night. I guess the time and space helped us figure out how much we really do like each other. Im quite happy now .
Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

I guess this is about the time I catch up to my thread. I am still with my boyfriend, its been a good 8 months now. I'm sixteen and in a month I will hopefully receive my driver's license. I am trying* to get a job, tomorrow I will turn my work permit into an employer for a halloween spirit store. I took Biology over in the summer and got an A for my final grade. Right now I'm a junior at my highschool and I'm still planing on going to Davis to be a nutritionist.

Well it's late and I'm tired, so I'll check this out later. Good night.

Olive
Activist
Member # 8964

I feel invisable to this site.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.