Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » A little bit of Monty Python, a touch of Daria...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A little bit of Monty Python, a touch of Daria...
Loneliestnumber
Neophyte
Member # 4503

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Loneliestnumber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just noticed this section and thought 'Hey, why not, I'll take a moment to introduce myself!'
I found this place just over a month ago whilst searching for some support during a pregnancy scare. That resolved, I've decided to hang around just because of the lovely attitudes I've seen, particularly from the advisers

I'm a 20 year old female who likes to call Kentucky her home and is currently laboring on a Psychology degree at Eastern Kentucky University. I consider myself a bit goth/grunge/punk/bookworm while everyone else just seems to consider me weird.
I'm a poet and writer (neither professionally - yet) and take an interest in bad B movies, Tim Burton, Monty Python, the Victorian Era, Jane Austen, odd tshirts, posters and the 'net.
I have a website, though Goddess only knows why you'd want to see it
Oh, and also I've been practicing Wicca for the last two years. Mainly boning up on reading materials and such.

Thanks a bunch, all, for listening to my ramble!

------------------
"Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run!"

C'mon, visit my website. You know you want to.
~Revelations.In.Black~

Posts: 38 | From: Somerset, KY, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey...Monty Python is hardly a "bad B movie"..they're just misunderstood by most of society

What kind of music do you like?

Wow..another psych student. The psych graduate students loved me when I was an undergrad. When I took Psych 101, I had to sign up to be a guinea pig. They seemed to like me for motion perception tests. Even though I don't actually see the direction that the programs were actually moving in, I seemed to still have the most accurate placement of where I'm heading. I saw the movement in an arc, and the direction was actually straight. Go fig. Something is crossed in my brain, but hey, it still works

and welcome to the boards...

------------------
"1970 called. Al Pacino wants his car back."

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beppie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 94

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beppie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You like Monty Python and Daria? I can tell we are going to be GREAT friends.
Posts: 2710 | From: Australia | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as the local Village Idiot, I shall take it upon myself to welcome ya'll to the neighborhood! If ya ever need anything, just holler...I live in the trailer across the way.

Seriously though...Monty Python and Daria? Thats some pretty darned good stuff right there! You certainly know how to get on somebody's good side.

Welcome aboard, and we look forward to hearing more from you soon!

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
~You*Know*Who~
Activist
Member # 1412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ~You*Know*Who~     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Daria also. If you need N E thing you know where to find me.

~Kelly~

Posts: 252 | From: somwhere, usa | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blackbird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite Daria quote is from the movie where her mom is pestering her again about getting a summer job and she says "Can't talk now. I'm on a top secret mission for the government." I'm sad that Daria was canceled though...

------------------

blackbird's blog

Posts: 354 | From: san mateo, california, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loneliestnumber
Neophyte
Member # 4503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loneliestnumber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It WAS??? Shows you how much I turn on my TV anymore :/

------------------
"Never knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run!"

C'mon, visit my website. You know you want to.
~Revelations.In.Black~

Posts: 38 | From: Somerset, KY, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackbird
Activist
Member # 4159

yeah i didn't know either since every time I tried to watch it at its scheduled time, like 50% of the time it wouldn't be on so I gave up. But then I started hearing rumors that it was canceled and well, unfortunatley it turned out to be true

She was great though. It was like finally a show about a girl who isn't a teeny-bopper trying to be popular, not trying to be "alternative," but just trying to be herself.

------------------

blackbird's blog

Juice
Activist
Member # 3325

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Juice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY PYTHON!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 45 | From: Toronto, Ontatio, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.